If you want to be part of a united team where everyone is empowered & trusted to make an impact, then Magic Leap could be the place for you. At Magic Leap you will have the freedom to explore innovative solutions & use your talents to solve real world problems. Working alongside industry experts, here you can grow your skills & play a part in amplifying human potential at the intersection of the physical & digital worlds. We know that successful change & progress are accelerated by diverse perspectives. As we shape our future, everyone's voice matters. Together, we can reimagine the world of work and, with our bold partners, make the impossible, possible.
Magic Leap is seeking an accomplished & visionaryDirector of Strategic Envisioning & Research to lead our envisioning, customer intimacy, & research initiatives in the public sector. As the Director of Strategic Envisioning & Research, you will have the unique opportunity to collaborate with top-tier government & public sector organizations, shaping their experiences with our cutting-edge technology. You will be responsible for overseeing & conducting user- & market-centered research, driving insights that inform the design, development, & deployment of immersive augmented reality solutions for the Public Sector community.
- Envisioning SME Support: Collaborate with customers & partners to determine fit & function requirements, providing strategic support in envisioning the application of our technology in the public sector.
- Feature Capture & Prioritization: Capture & prioritize features through 1:1 discussions with key stakeholders at events & conferences, ensuring that user needs & requirements are effectively communicated to the product development teams.
- Research Coordination & Leadership: Serve as the primary point of contact & science subject matter expert for all external usability studies.
- Public Sector User- & Market-Research Program: Develop & lead a comprehensive public sector user research & touchpoint program, establishing active engagements with government & public sector entities to gather feedback, conduct usability studies, & inform iterative design improvements. Work with the product team to feed public sector findings to the wider team.
- Collaboration with Product & Design Teams: Engage with the product strategy, user experience design, & industrial design teams to provide user research insights, shaping both the overall product strategy & future design iterations
- Extensive experience (minimum of 10 years) in user research, particularly in the technology industry, with a focus on emerging technologies, AR/VR, & human-centered design.
- Proven expertise in qualitative & quantitative research methods, including surveys, focus groups, usability testing, & cognitive task analysis.
- Strong knowledge of human decision-making & behavior in complex domains, with the ability to apply qualitative & quantitative research methods to drive hardware & software experiences.
- Outstanding verbal & written communication skills, with the ability to effectively present technical & expository information to diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership & management skills, including team leadership, coaching, coordination, & performance monitoring.
- Experience in the public sector or government domain is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in industry tools such as Figma, Qualtrics, Jira, & experience with programming languages such as Mathematica, MATLAB, R, & familiarity with Java, C++, Android, & Python.
- Ph.D. or advanced degree in a relevant field such as Experimental Cognitive Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related discipline.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level & location. In addition to salary, Magic Leap offers a discretionary bonus, equity, & a fully comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees.