The SEO Lead will join an expert team of holistic minded search marketers. The approach is to lead with insight driven strategies driven by content/experience opportunities & strong technical backbone. Although client websites/apps & digital experiences are the key focus areas, this role is also encouraged to provide strategies & recommendations that demonstrate a deep understanding of clients overall businesses. For your clients, you will own the definition & execution of our search strategies including performance tracking, continual optimization & improvement. This role has time to think but is also required to have frequent communication (can be written, phone and/or in person) with Critical Mass teammates & senior level clients including occasional travel to client sites. This role requires extensive experience in unlocking the stories found in data that can drive performance content opportunities in a competitive & fast-paced environment.
- Own the development & execution of search driven strategies for a range of clients.
- While focusing primarily on searcher behavior, also leverage a wide range of additional research sources to find key insights & then communicate them effectively to the wider teams
- Demonstrate knowledge & utilization of advanced productivity & automation concepts to reduce time spent gathering data while maximizing development of insights & strategies
- Define search driven guidelines around page content, mobile friendliness, site architecture, URL structure, page titles, meta descriptions, headings, schema markup, page speed, anchor text, internal linking, site maps, etc.
- Create content strategies in collaboration with the working team that leverage professional & user generated content to maximize return
- Combine paid search & organic search data when available to reduce costs while maximizing key business activities
- Ability to review existing site content, structure & technology & provide optimization recommendations.
- Define search requirements & provide direction to copywriters, designers & engineers while quality checking implementation.
- Develop a framework & reports to systematically track & improve search performance for multiple clients at once
- Stay up-to-date with changes in how search engines measure authority
- Build & maintain a network of industry experts to stay on the cutting edge.
- Expertise in specific markets & geographies.
- Content development best practices.
- 4+ years of SEO experience within an agency environment ideally with multiple websites.
- Demonstrated achievements in systematically improving search rankings that translated into traffic growth & improved site conversion.
- In depth knowledge of user experience concepts
- Strong presentation skills with an emphasis on crafting compelling visual stories in slide format
- Strong technical understanding as it relates to early SEO in the web development process, & the ability to work in partnership with a development team.
- Excellent business acumen, results-orientation & communication skills.
- Very strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to leverage multiple data sources to inform decision-making.
- Systematic approach to identifying opportunities/issues, defining solutions & executing action plans.
- Great attention to detail combined with the ability to prioritize & meet aggressive targets & deadlines.
- Passion for staying current in a rapidly evolving environment & leveraging tools & online forums to gain a competitive edge.
- Be able to adapt to changing consumer behavior & emerging trends changing on a daily basis.