Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Reporting to the Director of Unified Communication, this role provides engineering support to our global users, for Voice & Video related services. The successful candidate will work with our existing Streaming Platformand leverage ourCisco Telepresence Video solution alongside AV technology for a complete end to end streaming environment.The candidate will need to have had experience deploying global streaming solutions in a secure envrionment for internal, external & mobile audiences.
The candidate will collaborate with engineering, operations & development teams to ensure that the end user experience is exceptional.
- Plan, implement, & provide ongoing escalation support for the following products & services: CMS (Acano), Polycom & Cisco video conferencing endpoints,CDN's,Streaming Platform, Encoders, Transcoders, AV production technology, Content Management Systems.
- Provide basic project coordination for in-house projects to ensure they adhere to company policy, are completed on time & within budget, meet the deliverables of the project while following change control procedures.
- Provide third level problem resolution support as necessary to achieve or exceed voice/video network & system service level commitments. In addition, provide limited second tier technical support that may require periodic 24X7 immediate response times.
- Assist in the production of webcast / video streaming & video conference global meetings, cultural events & training seminars.
- Build & maintain relationships with global & virtual teams & third parties on deployment or support issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to work successfully with diverse cultures while accommodating global time zone constraints.
- Participate fully in the development, testing & QA functions to ensure that projects are securely delivered & fulfill expectations.
- Provide technical consultancy to operations, engineering team members & end users to ensure problem resolution is achieved in the shortest possible timeframe.
- Work with the Information Security Office to ensure solutions deployed meet Visa Security Requirements, provide technical assistance for investigation & analysis of security alerts
and maintain system security for voice & video systems.
Minimum3 years experience in voice & video & AVtechnologies with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Cisco certifications are highly desirable.
- High level of competence in the following:Ciscovideo endpoints, Cisco video bridging infrastructure, & Cisco TelePresence.AV technologies, Streaming Solutions & CDNexperienceis preferred.
- A conceptual understanding of basic routing/switching/QOS, firewalls & its potential impact on voice, video & web streaming network environments.
- Good understanding of live event workflow with AV switches & routers
- Strong process orientation & proven planning, organizational & problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, facilitation & leadership skills along with effective oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to explain technical information to non-technical users. Staying calm under pressure.
- Experience leading technology deployments on moderately complex cross regional projects, including planning,documentation, & implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot problems in complex voice & video environments.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines & commitments in an environment that requires multitasking among multiple concurrent projects while also handling interruptions.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 5% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.