Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage our capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs.
In pursuit of our goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched two liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, & is developing programs for recurrence & early detection, called Project LUNAR. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 5,000 oncologists, over 40 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to help develop, test, & improve sample preparation technologies for rare variant & epigenetic studies with next-generation sequencing. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies & work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful & meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Research Associate supporting product & technology development, you will work with members within the team & interface with multiple functions including process engineering, clinical operations, research operations, & bioinformatics. You will be hands on in the molecular biology lab; designing, implementing, & validating new technologies related to liquid biopsy sequencing assays for the early detection & monitoring of oncology biomarkers. You will be utilizing your analytical skills to undertake root cause analyses & identify solution spaces for continuous improvement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engage in early design of products & perform experiments both independently & under the supervision of Senior team members within Tech Dev & Bioinformatics groups
- Analyze data & identify failure modes while testing & improving sequencing sample preparation assays in a medium to high throughput environment
- Operate molecular biology laboratory equipment including automated liquid handlers, quantitation instruments, thermal cyclers, & next generation sequencing instruments
- Log & track research samples throughout sequencing workflow, adhering to ISO 13485 quality system standards
- Maintain appropriate inventory of lab supplies & perform basic lab maintenance duties
- Bring a can-do attitude to solve new & challenging problems
- Collaborate with all functions within project teams
- Present findings, write reports & SOPs, & contribute to technical discussions
1-3 years of related experience
Data analysis, visualization, & reporting skills utilizing R, Python, SQL, Jupyter Notebook, Unix, JIRA, & Confluence.
- Molecular biology lab skills: pipetting, PCR preparation, assay development & troubleshooting
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Professional hands-on experience in industrial setting in genomics field is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in preparing NGS assays & operating NGS sequencing platforms is a plus.
- Experience with process automation for nucleic acid extraction & sample preparation is a plus.
- Local candidates in San Francisco Bay area are preferred.
BSc, MSc or Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or related field
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies up to 20 lbs & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacy Notice for Job Applicants.