About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors & built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable & high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. Weve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - & we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build & scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
At Rent the Runway, we are building more than your traditional retail location -- we are bringing the closet to life. We are giving women access to the closet of her dreams & a physical manifestation of the RTR brand. As the Director of Retail Operations, you will oversee our current locations & future expansion, including NYC, DC, Chicago, SF, & LA. Youll work with store leaders to create a culture of operational excellence & best-in-class customer experiences. This role is the primary connector between local teams & leaders in fulfillment, technology, HR, finance, legal, & more.
This is an exciting area that requires high energy, strong project management, excellent communication, & collaborative skills. This role is a mix of operations, marketing, analytics, planning, & strategy.
You will be responsible for driving results, creating operational consistency across all stores & providing innovative solutions that support key initiatives. This role manages multiple budgets, defines priorities & drives operational improvements & efficiencies by identifying opportunities & leading cross-functional initiatives.
- Own & manage all aspects of Retail Operations with a customer-first mentality
- Assess business trends & actively partner with corporate stakeholders in order to strategize retail growth & drive business initiatives
- Develop & support store managers & act as their liaison with corporate & fulfillment teams
- Manage vendor relations & inventory logistics, including assortment & packaging
- Deliver optimal productivity in stores through operational excellence, process improvement & consistent resolution of challenges
- Partner with the corporate tech team in order to assess tech roadmap & adjust based on business needs
- Drive self-service across all stores
- Provide exceptional leadership & mentorship to RTRs Store Leaders & their teams
- Analyze key performance metrics & provide guidance for each store to achieve goals & profitability targets
- Develop to discover customer needs & deliver solutions to grow the RTR community
- Work with the store leaders to develop community in stores
- 8-12 years of relevant experience in an innovative, high-volume retail, hospitality or service-minded industry with at least 5 years of management of multiple store locations
- Excellent leadership & managerial skills with the ability to successfully lead teams
- Strong organizational & project management skills from conceptualization & implementation to follow up
- Able to evaluate financial & business data into actionable insights to drive results
- People person able to build relationships across all levels & departments
- Must have a strong sense of urgency with demonstrated ability to work independently & make effective well thought out decisions
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful, creative & time sensitive when faced with multiple demands & challenging deadlines
- Ability to influence at all levels; demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team & be assertive in driving successful management strategies
- Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small & large groups
- Can present ideas & directions that lead others to action; demonstrates strong listening, written & oral communication skills
- Approximately 25%-40% of time -- travel to each of the 5 stores is critical to success of the role