Description de l'entreprise|Description du poste
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Operations, Governance & Compliance Manager, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What we expect of you, day to day.
Drive & manage the Operations, Governance & Compliance for the T&O France department
- Responsible for tactical cybersecurity & compliance initiatives for T&O France services
- Undertake the day-to-day support of the team in any security & data protection discussion
- Provide expertise & technical analysis support to highlight solution that complies to Visa cybersecurity standards
- Manage operational reporting & compliance of T&O France to regulatory standards (PCIDSS, ISAE3402, GDPR, )
- Represent as a key expert the department in all governance, risk & cybersecurity discussion or committee
- Ensure the Cyber Threat Intelligence for the whole T&O France department
- Absorbing security findings data from multiple tools & sources & analytics platform to provide a strategic overview & visibility at an enterprise level
- Provide intelligence & technical advisory to the management in order to secure & improve IT controls environment
- Develop scalable security management tools & processes
- Contribute to maintain operational excellence within security & compliance & lead secure development of new services
- Manage the audit program & planning according to internal requirements & act as a key contact during any audit or assessment affecting the department
- Interact & align all cybersecurity / risk process & activities with global teams to develop & drive an enterprise operations model with local implementation
- Responsible for providing & validating RTMs & drive their implementation with the SMEs
- Accountable for ITDR & Business Continuity program for T&O France services
- Prepare & manage key performance & key risk indicator for T&O France services
- Manage a local resource to collect & review PCI evidence from internal teams / 3rd party suppliers for ontime delivery to the QSA
Represent the Technology & Operations France department in its internal & external activities
- Collaborate with key stakeholders within T&O France, Cyber Security & GRC to address specific business needs
- Engage across all levels with regional & local teams to create awareness of risk management, cybersecurity & data protection
- Develop advanced reports to meet the requirements of key stakeholders
- Act as a key contact for all department involved in cyber security, compliance or audit process: Internal Audit, CyberSecurity, GRC, EO&I, GIS, Business Continuity
- Participate in security & operations management committee regarding T&O France services
- Build deep relationships with suppliers & manage IT border controls review & compliance status of 3rd party
What we're after
- Educated to Master Degree or equivalent professional experience
- In-depth knowledge & experience in PCI DSS assessment or other payment industry standard
- Solid knowledge of audit processes & methodology
- Good knowledge of payments industry products & services
- Excellent & professional written, presentation & documentation skills
- Strong risk & compliance & cybersecurity skills
- Highly effective facilitation skills in both large & small group settings
- Ability to multi-task & able to work with minimal supervision
- Fluency in French & English
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong project management skills
- Occasional business travel required
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.