We're looking for a process-driven assistant controller with a proven record of establishing strong controls & demonstrated success in scaling up accounting role. The assistant controller will handle high-level accounting, managerial accounting, & oversee financial activities for our startup clients. This role is an excellent opportunity for candidates who have a strong desire to work for & with exciting & growing startup companies. This is a hands-on position that requires approximately eight years of bookkeeping & accounting experience. CPA licensure is mandatory.
We are looking for candidates with experience, drive, & passion.
This is a full-time position with competitive benefits, based in Atlanta, GA.
Some of what youll do:
- Be the direct contact point for clients; often working directly with CEO's of tech startups
- Own client relationships
- Improve & design financial processes
- Manage, coach & mentor multiple staff & senior accountants
- Oversee all accounting functions, including the monthly close process, financial statement preparation, & tax planning & compliance
- Define & report on key financial & operational metrics for executive management & Board of Directors
- Coordinate all activities in support of external audits for clients
- Define & manage accounting & financial policies governing the company & its subsidiaries
- Just to name a few.
Who are you:
- You have 5-7 years of bookkeeping & accounting experience
- You have an active CPA license
- You have a BS/BA in Accounting with 4-6 years of experience in public accounting or corporate accounting
- You have experience in managing high performing accounting teams of at least 3 people
- You have significant QuickBooks Online experience
- Youre an entrepreneurial self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- You have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate complex accounting terms to senior executives, audit committee, & across the wider organization
- You have experience designing, implementing, & managing financial accounting & ERP systems
- You possess deep expertise in relevant accounting & control practices & experience with general ledger functions, month-end/year-end close process, & financial reporting
- You are enthusiastic about working for & with growing startup companies
Youll love working at Graphite because:
- Balance. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have flexible PTO to explore new places, hobbies, or TV shows
- Were not just an employer. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental).
- Well invest in your career. Our company is growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to many professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- Were fun.
Graphite Financial is a growing boutique finance, accounting & strategy firm (www.graphitefinancial.com) built to help startup companies scale efficiently & sustainably. We were born in 2008 in NYC, supporting ff Venture Capitals portfolio of early-stage companies. In 2016, Graphite Financial spun out & began working with the broader startup community. We are a team of certified public accountants, analysts, entrepreneurs & venture capitalists who are passionate about partnering with early-stage companies to help them succeed. Our roots give us a unique vantage point that extends well beyond vanilla finance & accounting matters. In other words, were more than just bookkeepers, though were great at that too.