Wellthie is looking for a Senior Data Analyst that is up to the challenge of simplifying insurance & streamlining our data efforts. The Senior Data Analyst would work within Wellthies Data Team to identify insurance data sources, clean obscure data sets, & build queries, code, & algorithms to drive an insurance data pipeline. This candidate is more than just a data nerd - they thrive on finding creative solutions to complex problems using their hard skills in data languages - Because if you think insurance is complicated, wait until you see insurance data.
Are you looking to get involved in a fast-paced, early-stage tech company in New York transforming health insurance from the ground up? Wellthie is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to support our customers to retain & grow our business.
Wellthie recognized as one of 30 Health Tech Startups with the Potential to Change the World is a high-growth, venture-backed company with a deep passion for using technology to bring simplicity & ease to the world of insurance for millions of small businesses & individuals. At Wellthie, youll be joining the only team with the unparalleled insurance experience, technology chops, & relentless passion & creativity required to simplify this complex & gigantic industry.
We design smart, simple & intuitive tools to help millions of Americans get smarter about health care. We are a team of passionate individuals, who are dedicated to making health care options transparent & easy to understand for consumers. As a tech startup, you can expect a dynamic work environment where no two days are alike & you learn something new every day. If that sounds like fun, it is.
- Lead the automation of data transposition & processing, as well as leading the development of automated analytics reports & dashboards for internal & external stakeholders.
- Manage & lead data implementation & analytics of carriers & partners.
- Lead project management & training for internal & remote Quality Assurance team members.
- Provide & present insights about performance to clients using SQL & R visualizations.
- Work with internal & external teams to lead Wellthie Insights initiatives to research, analyze & visualize marketplace trends using R.
- Collaborate with internal teams & external partners to help enhance the market value, usability, & quality of data for Wellthies health insurance quoting platforms.
- Lead data implementation for all of Wellthies medical carrier clients
- Automate the sourcing, transposing, & cleaning of insurance data
- Develop data & analytics product solutions
- Create API connections to streamline data team processes
- Test large & complex data sets for data integrity
- Maintain detailed & organized records & documentation, as well as report quality assurance issues
- Research legislation & rules of each market & health insurance company
- Perform regression testing & assess product updates on a regular basis
- Communicate with Product, Operational, & Technical teams
- Prior experience in quality assurance, data analysis, & management
- Technical Skills: Expert proficiency in Excel & experience with SQL & R required, R-Shiny or Python a plus.
- Experience working with SaaS / technology start-ups a plus
- Health insurance familiarity a plus
- Strong organizational skills with experience in project management
- Utmost attention to detail & an excellent communicator
- A humble & mature demeanor
- A good sense of humor with a positive attitude
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Hunger to learn
- Comfort & experience working with & building relational databases
- Comfort & experience with unstructured data & non-relational databases
- Experience with API development
- Experience work with S3 & Amazon Web Services