IAC builds companies. We are guided by curiosity, a questioning of the status quo, & a desire to invent or acquire new products & brands. From the single seed that started as IAC over two decades ago have emerged 11 public companies & generations of exceptional leaders. We will always evolve, but our basic principle of financially disciplined opportunism will never change. IAC today operates Dotdash & Care.com, among many others, & also has majority ownership of Angi Inc, which includes HomeAdvisor Powered by Angi & Handy. The company is headquartered in New York City & has business operations & satellite offices worldwide.
Company Benefits & Perks:
- Generous Paid Time Off programs for flexible vacations
- 16 hours of Volunteer Time Off yearly for community service
- Industry-leading 401k plan with 10% dollar-for-dollar company match
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental, & vision insurance
- $5,000 yearly tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Pre-tax commuter benefits through WageWorks
- A vibrant office building in Chelsea with a well-stocked snack bar
Title:Manager, Crisis Management & Security
Location: New York City, NY
Reporting To: Vice President, Operations & Security
Exemption Status: Exempt (Salaried)
We are looking for an experienced & highly skilled security professional to develop & implement the processes, tools, systems, & metrics for preparedness & response at our NYC corporate office. As our Crisis Management & Security Manager, you will plan, direct, & coordinate activities relating to the crisis management, security of company assets, & supervision of corporate security staff under the direction of the VP of Operations & Security. You will also develop procedures & directives to achieve strategic & business performance objectives.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee ongoing refinement & execution of corporate crisis planning & incident response, including relevant materials (plans, templates, guides) & delivery of audit process.
- Serve as Incident Commander & lead efforts during & after a continuity or disruption event; collect required information, provide risk & mitigation analysis, & drive response action decisions.
- Responsible for related policies & practices, risk assessment, site survey, monitoring, controls, metrics, & dashboard reporting.
- Management & implementation of security protocols, programs, standard operating procedures, & training tailored to protect our people.
- Responsible for evaluating the work performance of in-house Security & Guest Operations staff & making recommendations regarding assignments.
- Plan & coordinate security & safety operations for the ground floor special event venue. Responsibilities include managing all processes, including guest screening, contractor credentials, VIP protection, & 3rd party security staffing.
- Administration & proactive monitoring of all security & emergency communication dashboards (real-time risk, mass communication, threat monitoring, building services).
- Compile, analyze & summarize data from multiple sources to create detailed documents, reports, & high-level presentations for final approval by department leadership.
- Develop, maintain & implement the overall corporate training framework required to reduce vulnerability to hazards within & around the workplace; emergency training including CPR & AED; shelter in place, active shooter, etc.
- Train subordinate staff on software systems, procedural guidelines, company policies, & enforcing consistency in policy practice
- Oversee the guest operations experience, including a reception area & on-site parking garage
- Assist in the management of vendor relationships, verification of services, & service agreement compliance.
- Responsible for supply management, invoice processing, expense reporting, payroll, staff scheduling, & overtime allocation
- Oversee all facets of security access control, digital audits, sensitive investigations, & employee terminations.
- Technical knowledge & practical experience in all position domains: physical security, crisis management, infrastructure, failure prevention, detection & response, emergency management
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalate with a preferred concentration in Physical Sec./BCM/Crisis Management
- Physical Security Certification (e.g., CPP, PSP, PCI); prior law enforcement, or equivalent experience
- Intelligent, articulate, & influential leader with the skills & abilities to drive solutions & results
- Excellent written, verbal, & interpersonal communication skills
- Business & risk analysis, problem-solving, planning, project management, & execution skills
- Ability to multi-task, learn quickly, think strategically, be flexible, analytical, & adapt
- Strong computer literacy in MS Office, PowerPoint, & similar office programs
- Ability to manage a business & organizational vision by communicating a compelling purpose, driving change cross-organizationally, & inspiring & motivating people & organizations