As a Marketplace Principal, youll play an integral part in formulating & executing Vias global marketplace strategy. You will be responsible for achieving revenue, profitability & growth objectives. You will achieve those goals by generating data-driven insights, executing cross-city initiatives & developing next-generation product features. You will collaborate with a top-notch, global multidisciplinary group of analysts, data scientists, engineers, as well as our finance & operations teams across all our consumer markets.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Own high-level KPIs of the marketplace team: revenue, profitability, quality of service, vehicle utilization, aggregation
- Assess economic impact of current operational decision-making, evaluate performance of our algorithms, determine price changes & experiments
- Improve financial models, data tools, & reporting processes used to evaluate critical data & inform data-driven decisions
- Lead new products & features definition, design & implementation with our R&D team in Tel Aviv, both rider & driver facing
- Work with city teams, general managers, & senior management to develop our global operating strategy & react to ever changing market conditions (competition, rider / driver preferences, legislation, etc.)
- Efficient, organized & independent; youre a proactive self-starter who is able to effectively juggle multiple projects in a highly fluid work environment & work across multiple teams
- Problem solver; you dont accept the status quo & are always looking for creative solutions
- A strong executor, you get the job done while keeping the big picture firmly in mind
- Highly analytical & a good communicator. You can not only knock out a complex analysis, but can quickly distill key insights for various groups
- A leader & a team player; no task is ever too small & you always motivate those around you with a great attitude
- 4+ years of work experience in consulting, investment banking, private equity at a top-tier firm or in operations at a highgrowth startup or product management at an established tech company
- Have a Bachelors Degree from a top-tier university (MBA strongly preferred) & a record of exceptional academic achievement
- Bonus points for pre-existing knowledge of SQL, a high-level programming language (eg, Python), and/or advanced analytical tools (R, Pandas, Tableau)
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. Were building revolutionary technology thats changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation thats friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the worlds biggest cities & is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. Weve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, & were growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries & deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If youre someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, & loves getting things done, wed love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.