As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa's Digital Developer Platform (DDP) team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone's digital & mobile lives. Our focus is to build intuitive features that expose profound new value for our customers, merchants & developers.
As a Staff Software Engineer within DDP you will form an integral role in the development, test, & deployment of complex solutions that process millions of transactions per day worldwide. We are looking for experienced stars who understand the challenges in the development & test cycles & are passionate about solving some of these challenges systematically & efficiently.
Be a senior member of a highly skilled team seeking systematic approaches to improve engineering productivity, efficiency, effectiveness, & quality.
Pioneer innovative solutions to eliminate or reduce pain points & frictions throughout the entire SDLC.
Design effective systematic engineering & test approaches. Lead root cause analysis & produce long term strategic solution & short term tactical solution.
Implement best-fit automation framework
Write utilities / automation tools using various technologies
Drive the metrics to adequately report achievement / improvements.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience & a Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Proficient in Java & Web application programming (or other equivalent programming languages)
- Experience in large-scale projects
- Inquisitive, methodical, & analytical in testing applications
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Thrive in self-motivated internal-innovation driven environment
- Experience in a global matrix organization
- Ability to quickly understand code & specifications
- Solid knowledge of Hadoop, Oracle,SQL, & Search Engine Concept
- Deep knowledge of web services standards & related technologies (XML, SOAP, REST)
- Solid understanding of various Computer Science concepts, such as Automata Theory, Operating Systems, Compilers, Network Programming, Data Structure & Algorithm
- Have knowledge about front-end foundational components, frameworks, & tools is a strong plus
- Experience with technologies such as React, Redux, Node, Webpack, & Jest will be another strong plus.
- Have knowledge about front-end foundational components, frameworks, & tools.
- Experience with technologies such as React, Redux, Node, Webpack, & Jest will be a plus.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.