Glossier is looking for its next in-house legal hire! The ideal candidate is a bright, energetic, experienced, business-minded & self-motivated attorney with at least 7 years of experience (prior in-house, start-up experience a big plus). In this position, the successful candidate will interface with our business team leaders to ensure compliance across our marketing, creative & retail teams & provide general commercial contracts support to the business.
6 Month Accomplishments:
- Become day-to-day legal partner for all contracts & projects originating with the marketing, creative & retail teams.
- Build out / improve template library for creative & marketing engagements (e.g., influencer agreements, model agreements, sponsorship agreements, etc.)
- Work with regulatory & product marketing to solidify review & approval process for marketing copy across all channels & to evaluate & validate product claims for Glossier products
- Work with retail team to hone legal playbook for Glossiers pop-up strategy
- Manage / identify outside counsel in areas of coverage
12+ Month Accomplishments:
- Establish regular training cadence on legal matters affecting areas of coverage (e.g., FTC .com disclosures, FTC influencer guidelines, relevant false advertising / NAD decisions & activity)
- Establish process for Glossier-produced shoots, ensuring that contracts are in place, all necessary licenses & permits are secured & potential SAG/AFTRA issues are thought through
- Work with creative team on implementation of digital asset management system
- Provide substantive support to the rest of the legal team on an as-needed basis
The Ideal Candidate...
- Education & Experience
- J.D. from a top law school with exceptional academic credentials & at least 7 years of relevant experience (prior in-house, start-up experience a big plus
- Must be admitted, active & in good standing with the New York State Bar.
- Strong understanding of regulations/FTC & FDA compliance relating to cosmetics, OTC products and/or consumer products is a plus
- Interpersonal Skills & Competencies
- Extremely bright but also have an EQ that matches your IQ, & ability to deal effectively with all levels of employees & management.
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) & interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, organized, efficient & resourceful with strong follow-through skills
- Has a practical, business-oriented approach to problem solving & is able to effectively counsel clients by providing them with clear, concise & commercial advice, & creative solutions where necessary, on established timelines to meet their business needs.
- Has a strong desire to learn the business & function integrally as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, & promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.