About the Role
WeWork is seeking a Copywriter to join Technology team. The ideal candidate is passionate about brand voice & tone, & conveying brand identity through effective & clever messaging in both English & Simplified Chinese. You will take on projects that span marketing, advertising, member experience, & our digital products.
Please include a portfolio or writing samples with your application.
- Write engaging & thoughtful copy for diverse projects such as user interfaces, emails, advertising campaigns, physical assets, website experiments, sales collateral, & more.
- Translate WeWork voice to be used across multiple target audiences including prospective & current members, employees, & partners.
- Help maintain Voice Guidelines to ensure consistency throughout all of our spirited communications.
- Experience in Chinese & English language copywriting & editing product user interfaces & marketing communicationsincluding interactive copy, print copy, & video copyeither at a well-known brand or agency with high-profile clients
- Bachelors degree preferably in Chinese, English, writing, journalism, or other relevant subject
- Outstanding native Chinese language writing & grammar chops with refined proofreading & editing skills; native or fluent level English language skills are a big plus
- Highly organized & able to manage many projects cross-departmentally at once
- Motivated by writing copy that sounds funky fresh
- Able to work on both regional & local level with teams from different background & culture
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
Who You Are
- Creative, adventurous, hungry; ready to roll your sleeves up to get work done
- You are a natural storyteller
- Passionate about collaborating & a true team player
- Great at self-managing productivity
- Have a great sense of humor
- Passionate about entrepreneurs, innovators, & the future of work
- Thoroughly flexible in a fast-changing environment
- Always willing to do whatever it takes to Get Sh*t Done"
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of space as a service. From identifying & designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, & enhance the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout & form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ countries & will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.