At Peloton, we look for individuals who are motivated by complex & challenging work. We want to work with people who share compelling solutions to those challenges, solutions informed by their unique experiences, passions, & expertise.
We are looking for a senior leader to ensure we have the right architecture & processes to scale our operations. As a domain expert in microservices, youll lead the way in defining a suitable framework around service definitions, inter-service communication, monitoring, CI/CD & more. As a part of our architectural committee, you will be the primary driver of the effort of re-architecturing our monolith into suitable services. Youll use your leadership skills to gain alignment amongst your peers on various architectural decisions.
- Lead the process for creating a comprehensive microservices architecture by reviewing the current state of the monolithic system & proposing a systematic approach for migrating towards a microservices design
- Be a technical leader & identify & outline a future facing service oriented architecture
- Partner with other engineering leads to implement the new architecture. Create a blueprint & roadmap & lead the teams through an agile process with a hands-on engineering mindset
- Be responsible for identifying, defining & articulating design tradeoffs, knowing that not every good idea is acceptable
- Improve developer experience by recommending & implementing tools for microservices monitoring/profiling/tracing
- Demonstrate relentless focus for quality & timely delivery
- As a leader, influence developers & senior leadership to establish, maintain & govern standards with respect to microservices/SOA best practices
- 10+ years of experience as lead/architect
- Significant experience in SOA/Microservice architecture in a relatively large & complex environment
- Comprehensive experience in cloud technologies (aws, azure etc), Kubernetes, end-to-end monitoring & API security
- Experience with Request Processing: Restful API endpoint design principles, GraphQL, Load balancing concepts; Communication & RPC protocols such as HTTP, TCP, gRPC
- Experience leading at least one complex migration from monolith to microservices
- Ability to create analysis & quick prototypes for different implementation alternatives
- Strong project management skills with ability to accurately estimate development & testing efforts, identify tasks on the critical path, & assess risk in the overall project
More about you:
The successful candidate will have a mix of excellent technical, analytical, program management, & communications skills. You are a strong, acknowledged leader, an empathic listener, & you can explain complex ideas to C-level audiences using plain English. You have worked for a large enterprise & you want to mature Pelotons thinking & execution. You are very collaborative, thrive when solving hard problems, & move effortlessly across organizational boundaries.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.