At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
Cloudflare is looking for an FP&A professional with strong financial modeling skills who will help the company exceed its growth & profitability goals. You'll work with key areas of the business to provide visibility to main stakeholders on all things financial, surfacing new insights & improving financial processes.
- A strong team player & self-starter with a positive, service-oriented attitude.
- An analytical thinker with superior problem solving skills. You have the initiative to craft analyses from scratch & interpret the results.
- Extremely detail-oriented & intellectually curious. You will keep the big
- picture in mind but can dive into the detail to generate useful insights.
- An expert in financial modeling & setting up automated processes to increase effectiveness of the FP&A team.
- An excellent multi-tasker who can handle shifting priorities & understand the importance of planning in advance to meet deadlines.
What you'll do
- Preparing & reporting monthly & quarterly results, comparing actuals to budget / forecast & any other variance analysis as needed
- Developing & maintaining forecasting models to help the company manage risk & uncertainty
- Conduct advanced headcount analytics & develop repeatable models & dashboards that drive decision-making & long-term planning
- Building partnerships with functional managers to understand drivers, trends, opportunities, & to share insights & recommendations
- Answering business questions succinctly through data analysis
- Seeking opportunities for process improvement, including but not limited to, automating financial updates & reporting & building in checks to existing financial models
- Partnering closely with the accounting team to ensure a timely & accurate financial close
- Undertake ad hoc projects, financial reporting & analysis
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- 4+ years of FP&A experience
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office & Google Applications
- Experience with Salesforce, Netsuite & business intelligence tools a plus
- Bachelors in finance, accounting, or quantitative field
- Good working knowledge of US GAAP required
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.