Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants & service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer & business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g. payments to landscaper), funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements), bill payment, cross-border remittance & more. Currently, the push payments market around the world is estimated to be an $80T opportunity.
The Visa Direct Regional Sales Leader will lead sales acceleration for Visa Direct in one of five Regions around the world (North America, LAC, Asia/Pacific, CEMEA & EU). This is a unique opportunity to be part of building a new ecosystem in the fast moving world of payment & one of the most important initiatives at Visa.
This role will be responsible for leading the team to achieve aggressive sales targets & ensuring breakout growth of Visa Direct across the region. We will be working in an agile environment, so this person must be aggressive & proactive to ensure we achieve our goals. Must be able to pivot & adjust as new information & lessons learned come to light.
This is a matrix, cross-functional role so organizational savvy & interpersonal skills are critical, as we interface with specialized product groups, financial institution sales, merchant & acquiring sales, client consulting, marketing & corporate communications, legal, & finance to coordinate the end goal of achieving aspirational objectives.
Visa is looking for an individual that is a thought leader in strategy & business growth with a proven record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines.
Achieve or exceed aggressive sales targets for Visa Direct across the region
- Achieve annual sales goals for both merchant & acquirer sales of Visa Direct, in partnership with local sales teams
- Take clients through the sales cycle from prospecting to solutioning to deal structure to contract
- Develop sales strategy for sales acceleration, including determining high potential client targets, use cases, verticals, etc.
- Drive lead-generation & prospecting program & ensure good response to new leads coming in
Drive four key workstreams for Visa Direct growth
- Work with existing Visa merchants & their Account Executives to cross-sell Visa Direct solution where a good fit exists
- Lead prospecting to non-Visa merchants to find the right contacts & build relationships, & sell where a good fit exists
- Identify & sell to acquirers, processors, gateways & FinTechs (i.e., Enablers) to have them add Visa Direct to their portfolio of offerings to their clients
Develop & lead a reseller program to help those Enablers grow their new Visa Direct product offering
Build the Visa Direct sales team from scratch & lead them through transformational change
- Determine how to deploy our resources for optimal growth across the wide set of opportunity
- Establish team roles, build job requirements, hire & onboard new team members
- Lead annual team goal planning & execution plans to achieve them
- Develop sales compensation plan for the team in accordance with the regional model
- Work with team on engagement & professional development
Work with cross functional partners across the region to ensure we have what we need to be successful with our clients
- Work with VD Product team to develop the go-to-market strategy & ensure we have the right value proposition & product construct to meet client needs
- Work with Marketing to ensure our client facing materials are excellent & help accelerate the learning & sales process
- Work with Communications to share progress & growth to external audiences through a communication plan, PR, conference events, etc.
- Work with Finance to ensure appropriate incentive structure, modeling & incentive deal review structure & approval process
- Work with Legal to ensure client contracts that drive to successful outcomes for both Visa & our clients
- Work with Client Services to handoff from sale to implementation & ensure well-run projects
Develop the sales strategy, including determining high potential markets, use cases, & verticals, & how to deploy our resources for optimal growth.
- Leverage market-sizing study along with regional deep dives to develop the target use cases & clients
- Develop strategies & work with constituents to get buy-in on new use cases, including the regional Visa Direct product team
- Liaise with global Visa Direct client team to understand their expansion plans & how that fits into regional growth
- Identify trends in the each market where real-time payments can solve pain points & develop plans to target each
Drive pipeline development & pipeline review process in the region
- Drive consolidation & roll-up of all pipelines & progress across multiple sales teams in the region to summary level & report back to GSM&A & Visa Direct product leadership
- Lead regular pipeline review & problem solving sessions with the sales teams & help problem solve when client plans are stalled
- Support the Regional MS&A executive in a regular Regional Commercial Steering Committee, including support on material development
Ensure sellers are ready & able to sell Visa Direct to clients
- Work with the training liaison to drive initial & ongoing sales training across the client sales cycle
- Ensure sellers know about & have access to client-ready, legal approved sales materials
- Help sellers trouble-shoot & overcome client objections
- Develop & execute a process to capture client feedback on product & value-added services, & socialize with other Visa teams, in particular the VD Platform team
- Work with regional global VD product teams & operations to understand state of Issuer readiness, & state of client implementations & post-launch support
- Creative Self-starter with a bias toward action & proven track record for successfully developing, building, launching & commercializing technology products that delight customers
- 15+ year of industry related & leadership experience, including at least two years of experience leading commercialization teams, product management, strategy organization and/or management consulting
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on delivering for clients
- Excellent listening & communication skills (both verbal & written), & executive presence; must be able to interface with our most senior client executives
- Ability to explain complex business & technical concepts to a broad audiences in an approachable way to drive adaption
- Demonstrated thought leadership & the aptitude to think creatively & identify new ways to innovate & differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results
- Passionate about what you do & excited about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- Ability to inspire direct reports & influence those without direct management responsibility
- Possess a high level of professionalism & leadership skills to build business relationships, trust & respect with business partners & suppliers
- Strong team player, self-motivated & the ability to work independently at coordinating across functional activities, obtain buy-in & elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
- An advanced degree from a top school strongly preferred
- Visa or financial/payment industry knowledge required; push payments or real-time payments experience a plus