Shutterstock is seeking an experienced accounting professional to take on the role of Financial Controller, International reporting to the VP, International Finance, to help support the continued expansion of Shutterstocks International business. The role will have a broad scope of responsibilities for aspects of all financial & accounting activities across the international markets.
This position requires a highly motivated individual who is comfortable with rapid changes in direction & environment. The successful candidate will be customer oriented & results driven.
- Full responsibility for the accounting & financial reporting functions including statutory reporting for several international entities.
- Coordinate & lead the monthly, quarterly & annual close processes to ensure preparation of timely & accurate financial information & reports to head office.
- Maintenance, periodic testing & reporting of financial controls as described under SOX 404 documentation.
- Manage key functions including billings, collections, accounts payable/receivable, fixed assets, treasury, general ledger etc.
- Work collaboratively with all team members (Sales, Tech, Product, Content, Legal, Tax).
- Evaluate business performance across multiple products & support allocation of resources.
- Plan & oversee the implementation & improvement of processes, accounting practices/controls & policies.
- Management of 5+ employees in various finance functions
- Ad hoc & special projects.
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CPA)
- Extensive years post qualified experience & min 3 years of controllership experience in a multinational company.
- Previous experience in public accounting, audit, & tax would be advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles including a minimum level of familiarity with US GAAP
- Proven team leadership skills are essential
- Organized, meticulous & focused while working in fast paced/quickly changing environment requiring need to prioritize tasks & deliver on time
- Comfortable working with online tools (Google Drive, Sheets etc.) & Office suite
- Experience using Workday & Salesforce will be advantageous.
- Occasional international travel may be required
Shutterstock (NYSE:SSTK), is a leading global provider ofhigh-quality licensed photographs,vectors,illustrations, videosandmusicto businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, & currently has more than 80 million images & nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco, & Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also ownsBigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, ahigh-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curatedroyalty-free musiclibrary; Rex Features, a premier source ofeditorial imagesfor the world's media; & WebDAM, a cloud-baseddigital asset management servicefor businesses.
For more information, please visitwww.shutterstock.comand follow Shutterstock onTwitterand onFacebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V