Jet is looking for a Strategic Project Manager who will lead, coordinate & execute project plans across multiple departments. This PM role will be a part of the Digital Marketing Operations department with a specific focus on project mgmt. & the coordination of larger efforts that impact several Jet teams & systems. As Jet continues to scale rapidly, this individual will play a critical role in the holistic planning & execution of large initiatives, across many departments that impact overall customer experience, product assortment, inventory, marketing, member services, operations, & fulfillment.
Serving as the main point of contact & communication lead, you will be accountable for successful management of assigned projects while making sure all deliverables are on time & within budget with a positive & fierce go getter attitude. This position requires strong experience in planning, development, & implementation of large scale projects across different teams, including but not limited to technology, marketing, engineering, pricing, supply chain, & many more. This person must be able to communicate clearly, understand complex situations while being able to explain & digest in a simplistic way, understand the business needs, gather project requirements, set timelines, & manage cross functional team expectations.
- Lead & coordinate multiple projects by providing unified oversight, ensuring transparency to key stakeholders, & driving successful results. Prioritize project work & delegate responsibilities to corresponding team members
- Responsible for ensuring project plan is fully up to date, recaps are distributed, & required tasks are completed on time
- Drive team communication, both within core team & to management / leadership team
- Identify & engage impacted teams across the organization, & lead effort to define roles & responsibilities, with clear ownership & expectations
- Organizing & leading cross functional mtgs to ensure all stakeholders are involved in current discussions & receive clear guidelines on appropriate next steps
- Work with senior management & key stakeholders to understand the related business strategies, objectives & priorities, while ensuring alignment in supporting the current business strategy
- Identify & manage project inter-dependencies that may not be known or identifiable at the project level, & lead efforts to develop approaches for managing such issues.
- Assess & manage risk within projects & make strategic recommendations for changes to current & future project plans & overall requirements to meet organizational needs.
- Evaluate project timeline, cost/budget to ensure the project is meeting business expectations
- Manage relationships & communicate project information to all stakeholders at a level appropriate to their needs.
- Gather & provide post-implementation analysis ensuring we have the required resources & processes in place for long-term success
- Bachelor's Degree & 6-9 years experience in project mgmt.
- Experience in consulting, or start up experience a plus
- Extreme detail oriented & can quickly diagnose & fix a workflow problem, while also looking for improvement.
- Sincere interest in understanding how things work & how to continuously make them better
- Communication & relationship-building skills, as this role requires cross-functional collaboration
- The desire to be strategic, organized & technically-minded
- Proven ability in establishing successful long-term business relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to track progress & measure results
- Ability to set & communicate clear expectations
- Ability to work effectively & achieve results across internal functional areas & external parties in ambiguous situation
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking why not, looking where no ones looked before & crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing & building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise & delight all while saving consumers every penny possible & were just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning & of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm & youre capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch youd look good in purple.
Why Walmart @Jet?
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, youll be able to access the resources & scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology & nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What were saying is, this isnt your average day job. If youre hungry to catapult ideas into action & own your career, lets chat.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve & define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money & live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent & more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital & physical shopping to help achieve that mission.