BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news & entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, & original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News & HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is hiring an IT Specialist in our brand new London office. Were looking for a well-rounded support technician to provide stellar end-user support including the setup & deployment of hardware & software we support. The position will work together with the existing international IT team & stakeholders. You will need to have strong computer (hardware, software, networking) & interpersonal skills.
Working with BuzzFeed employees around the world, this upbeat & engaged IT Specialist will ensure employees can do their jobs efficiently. You will also work on projects, as assigned, to make the IT teams & BuzzFeed employees' lives easier from a technology standpoint.
You should have experience troubleshooting computer hardware, software, email & network issues. Being able to provide great customer service is equally as important--youve got to love the people you help & love what you do. You must be a go-getter.
This position reports to the IT Manager.
- Provide internal helpdesk support for BuzzFeed employees
- Respond to, record, track, & close tickets through help desk/problem management software--detail is essential
- Assist with evolving internal IT wiki page--documentation is king!
- Provision computers (mainly Mac OS X but some Windows machines) for employees
- Troubleshoot computer hardware, software or network issues that end-users are having
- Troubleshoot & support current A/V setup for video conferencing (includes Cisco Codecs, & Google Meet)
- Partner with the other members of the IT team to provide support & enforce IT policies
- Must be customer-focused & personable
- Have pride in work.
- Will be asked to tackle issues independently but also work with the rest of the IT team & its stakeholders.
- Proficient in both following & creating documentation for the rest of team
- Proven ability to use the tools at hand to research & resolve problems
- Candidate should have previous experience assisting employees in a video production environment
- Ability to troubleshoot Mac OS X & software issues
- Ability to troubleshoot Windows issues
- Ability to troubleshoot Google Workspace issues
- Experience setting up video conferencing systems (Google Meet, Cisco... etc.)
- A general knowledge of networking concepts
- At least 2 years experience as an IT Specialist or related position in an office environment
- Familiarity with JAMF Pro
- Familiarity with networking hardware from Meraki
- Familiarity with Okta SSO
- Familiarity & understanding or Agile & JIRA
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program specifically tailored to local markets, including PTO, sick leave, family leave, & much more
- An office stocked with plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.