Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Regulatory Operations Associate to join our Insurance Operations team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Insurance Operations powers some of the fastest scaling operations that are required to run an insurance company: processing claims, large-scale provider contracting, member & provider data ingestion, & more.
You will support a team responsible for building production processes, improving quality for core operational tasks & managing partners across all departments, such as Data, Product, Engineering, Finance, Legal & Compliance. You will develop foundational processes for our scaling regulatory operations, provide analytical support & summarize the complexity of our data & operations into clear explanations to meet our regulatory obligations. The outcomes your team provides will de-risk our core operations, scale our ability to satisfy audits & will reshape how Oscar operates.
You will report to the Associate Director of Insurance Operations.
During your first six weeks: You will...
- Develop a baseline understanding of the insurance operations ecosystem (including the underlying technology & your partners) & current strengths, weaknesses, & gaps.
- Embody Oscars vision of customer-orientation & lean operations.
- Engage with the current members of the team.
- Initiate connections across the company, including leadership, & external partners.
During your first five months: You will...
- Implement/provide leadership on 2-3 process improvements that markedly move us towards operational excellence around our regulatory obligations.
- Build relationships between our team & important partners
- Solidly grasp risks, tools & data that allow you to understand the performance & status of the ecosystem projects supporting our compliance program.
- Have a distinct handle on the structure of the team both operationally & culturally.
- Introduce tools & systems to support more efficient management & team execution.
Must-have qualifications & expertise include:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of work experience
- 3+ years of operations experience (improving processes, project managing, & lean operations)
- Data analysis skills such as advanced Excel skills
- Proficiency in SQL & other database languages
- Experience working in service-oriented teams in a regulated environment
- Experience managing relationships internally & externally
- Healthcare industry familiarity
- Experience translating regulatory requirements into business requirements
- Reporting automation experience (Python scripting, Google app scripts, etc.)
Life at Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.