Flamingo is on a mission to better support individual body care needs & routines.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, customer-centric leader to help build out & oversee our body care business. We have big ambitions for Flamingo & this role is at the forefront of driving & managing the next leg of our growth. This role will focus on driving breakthrough disruption of the bodycare space & putting Flamingo at the center of millions of daily care routines through better understanding consumers needs & translating those insights into a thoughtful strategy, roadmap & execution.
In this role, you will be mining for compelling opportunities to drive our body care business forward, & bringing those ideas to life & scaling them as part of a collaborative cross-functional team.
We are looking for a true ownership mindset, someone who is excited about driving big commercial impact, building into whitespace & doing it as part of a collective effort.
What you will accomplish:
- Help bring to life a clear & compelling bodycare vision for Flamingo
- Use consumer insights to define distinct & innovative ways into the space that separate Flamingo from the competition
- Build compelling business & brand narratives around those insights
- Ensure the vision is driven down successfully into strategy & execution across all touchpoints
- Own the Flamingo body care P&L & successfully build out & scale the business
- Drive overarching body care strategy & goals
- Work with the GM to set budget & financial targets
- Lead the annual body care brand planning & go to market planning for new launches
- Work cross-functionally with DTC & retail partners to set commercial strategies & scale the business
- Lead body care insights & white space identification
- Develop a deep understanding of our target consumer & their body care behaviors
- Mine for pain points & unmet consumer needs
- Always on exploration & research into new trends & opportunities in the space
- Drive the 3 year innovation roadmap & category strategy
- Develop clear & compelling business cases & go to market strategies for new opportunities
- Own strategic topics such as - scent strategy, cross-category cohesion, pricing, etc.
- Manage new innovation opportunities through the development & go-to-market process
- Collaborate cross-functionally to bring new categories to life, working very closely with R&D, design, supply chain, retail, etc.
- Build out & develop the team to support the body care business
- Hire & develop bodycare brand manager capability
- Resource insights & innovation to support new category development
- An experienced business leader with a proven track record of building engaging, effective new growth strategies & direct commercial (P&L) ownership
- 8+ years of work experience
- Direct experience leading new category development and/or brand management
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, brand-forward business
- Passionate about building a new kind of body care brand
- Highly customer-centric, you are someone who pushes to 2nd, 3rd & 4th order consumer truths to find differentiated insights & ways in
- An experienced team leader & developer of people: You have a passion & natural talent for coaching & developing a team
- An entrepreneurial thinker, you have demonstrated the ability to successfully identify & act on white space opportunities
- Commercially-minded, you have a proven ability to drive insights into business impact. You are able to own a P&L. As part of that, you are able to critically assess problems, thoughtfully frame & weigh trade-offs, bring data to bear to answer questions & develop an informed perspective on the path forward
- A natural owner, you feel real pride of ownership & responsibility in whatever you take on.
- A clear communicator, youre able to sell people into a vision & bring them along on your thought process & strategy
- A pragmatic do-er, you have the ability to be scrappy & creative with resources to maximize impact. Youre not afraid to roll up your sleeves to do work yourself when it makes sense.
- A collaborator & overall team player, you take pride in the wins of the collective team
With well-designed products & honest conversations at its core, Flamingo launched in 2018 with a suite of products for body hair. Since then, we have expanded our assortment to be the first brand that offers products for every routine: razors, wax strips for face & body, shave gel, body lotion, & Mons Mist. In February 2019, Flamingo launched at Target stores nationwide, immediately jumping to the top of the bestseller list for razors, wax strips, & shave gel. Our products & campaigns have been covered by outlets like Vogue, Vanity Fair, Elle, & InStyle, & weve won major beauty accolades like Allures Best in Beauty & Selfs Healthy Beauty awards.
Were committed to building healthy, positive relationships with our bodies & de-stigmatizing the conversation around women's health. Since launch, we have set aside 1% of all sales to support partners whose missions we believe in deeply, including Exhale to Inhale & PERIOD.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.