Manager or Lead, Security Operations (Detection & Response)
Compass is streamlining the home buying & selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology & personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
Engineering @ Compass
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform real estate.
Security @ Compass
We are hands-on security engineers helping to build secure, resilient, & scalable web apps, mobile apps, & platform for the real estate industry. We work with a diverse set of teams to provide & support transparent & automated security tooling & services. We architect secure web products, perform simulated attacks, identify weaknesses, & work with teams to remediate & protect our products. You will lead our effort to build security as a service to drive safe-by-default environments & drive customer trust.
What you will do:
- Lead detection & response capabilities within Security Operations focusing on creating high-fidelity alerts & automated responses driving towards SOCLess capabilities
- Define Incident Response Frameworks & handling for compass environments (AWS, GSuite)
- Develop people & teams through mentoring & feedback
- Participate in monitoring, validating, classifying & responding to security events
- Build out information security response & grow multiple Incident Commander
- Develop detection capabilities on repeated events to automate run books
- Partner with additional information security teams to improve operational capabilities & provide preventative control feedback to relevant stakeholders
- Conduct regular assessments on detection & response controls to improve the security posture & prevent regression
- Drive telemetry around compass platform & leveraged technologies
Who you are:
- You are empathetic & accountable while helping contribute to improve the security program & our customers trust
- Able to communicate about security vulnerabilities & remediation techniques in an accessible way to a variety of audiences
- You take an automation-first approach to everything you do. You understand the challenges of scale for security & leverage automation whenever possible
- Demonstrated team growth managing a team or acting as team lead to help develop skills through mentoring, coaching, & regular 1:1s
- Enjoy the challenge of the investigation to identify root cause & drive impactful responses
- Knowledge & understanding of detection & incident response disciplines; current threats, modern attacker exploits & persistence techniques
- Experience working with multiple departments & functions leading an Incident Response
- Ability to analyze & correlate across large & diverse datasets to provide relevant data points & remediation actions
- Demonstrate strong understanding in a few of the following areas: Web Application Security, Cloud Infrastructure, Network Security, Operating system security, & Identity & Access Management
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.
Check out our Engineering blog!