At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether its a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, were imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries & 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, were creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, & fast-paced. Were looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded & data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - & have a ton of fun while theyre at it.
About the Job
Machine Learning is a key element in TaskRabbit & we are scaling up the Machine Learning & Data Engineering team to provide key insights to drive our business forward.
You will be a member of the Data Group: Data Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning & Data Engineering. We are a force multiplier, owning the data, analysis, & knowledge infrastructure that enables ourselves & our teammates to move faster & smarter.
As a machine learning infrastructure engineer, you will own the infrastructure that supports machine learning model deployment in a mission driven environment. You will drive the vision of future infrastructure development. You will work closely with data scientists to implement state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms that enhance business outcomes, as well as to conduct experiments & measure the results. You will work with other engineers to ensure that our data platform & infrastructure are scalable & reliable.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Build scalable & reliable infrastructure that supports feature engineering & machine learning model deployment
- Build pipeline that supports running multiple machine learning models in parallel in production
- Build monitoring tools to understand the data quality & performance of complex system
- Collaborate with data scientists to improve existing machine learning model training & evaluation pipeline
- Collaborate with business partners to identify opportunities for innovation
We welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds & experiences. Below gives you a sense of how we're thinking about what you'll need to be successful in the role.
- BS or above in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years of industry experience in building high quality machine learning infrastructure & data pipeline
- Strong programming background, with extensive experience in Python
- In-depth knowledge of build/release systems & process
- Experience with data warehouses, data lakes, & ETL
- Experience with modern computing technologies & cloud services, such as Spark, Kafka, Docker, AirFlow, AWS Sagemaker
- Able to quickly learn new technologies
- Great communication skills, both written & oral; comfortable presenting findings & recommendations to non-technical audiences
Youll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, & kind leaders & teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present & partner with our team & communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity & go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse & sustainable community & encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship & inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team & leadership, & we strive to recruit & retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation & holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning & development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, & a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-dos, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, & much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the worlds largest furniture retailer - in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom & Canada & is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities & over 140,000 Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable & compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally & make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social & environmental challenges.
TaskRabbits headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with three other offices in New York City, Austin, & London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer & values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical & mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.