We're looking for an experienced & proactive Senior UX Researcher to join our team. Youll be a trusted partner who brings actionable insights to how we ideate, build & iterate the best-in-class digital products & experiences. You not only love & excel at the craft of research & its various methodologies, you impact the business by being an advocate for the users & evangelize user research across the company.
This position will report directly to our Director of UX Design & work from our headquarters in SoHo, NYC.
What youll do:
- Lead an extensive UX research program to proactively inform upcoming optimizations & identify research studies that support our companys mission to enable seamless & enjoyable travel.
- Influence the design direction of digital projects, drawing from ongoing user research to guide consideration towards the best opportunities for the initiative at hand.
- Conduct day-to-day research projects through a variety of UX methodologies from start to finish identifying objectives, planning, recruiting, facilitating, analyzing, documenting, & presenting.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, engineers during different stages of product development lifecycle; capture & synthesize user insights as an input into strategy & design solutions.
- Translate research findings into actionable archetypes, design principles & considerations, including integration of quantitative data & qualitative research findings from Data & Customer Insights teams.
- Act as a bridge between the company & UX Research; communicate research insights & promote experiment results effectively to a cross-functional audience via presentations, reports, workshops, etc.
- Build out our own research toolkit including but not limited to interviews, surveys, concept studies, usability testing, ethnographic observations, card sorting, participatory design, etc.
Who you are:
- BS or MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant user research experience (ideally within a product development organization and/or an e-commerce environment).
- Be a people person; adept at reading people & empathizing with the users.
- Be nimble & flexible; happy to work with a range of timelines & pivot when things dont go as planned.
- Confident in both autonomous & collaborative working style & relationship.
- Competence in various research software tools (usertesting, validately, etc.).
- Knowledge of design & prototyping experience is a plus (invision, framer, light coding, etc.).
- Self-driven with an entrepreneurial spirit, youre excited to be our first full time UX researcher!
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have flexible PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to enhance your travel experience. Were building a company with a mission to make travel more seamlessstarting with luggage. We started in 2016 with one foundational piece: The Carry-On. Today, were working to build the #1 travel brand in the world.
To date weve sold more than 500,000 suitcases, opened several retail locations, expanded internationally to meet our customers where they are, launched an in-house media division, & grown to a team of more than 150 people. We know thats just the beginning.
Fast Company named us one of their 2018 Top 10 Most Innovative Companies, we were selected as one of TIME's 50 Genius Companies of 2018, included on LinkedIn's "Top Startups of 2018" list, & called a Breakthrough Brand with Ingenious Marketing by Adweek.