Glossier is a digital-first beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy & confidence in their personal beauty style. We create physical, digital, & offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, & invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, & discerning.
At Glossier, we are establishing a team of talented engineers to build game-changing software for beauty commerce online & in our retail stores. Were hiring talented & experienced engineers to join our collaborative team to build the future of beauty commerce, both online & offline. You will play a significant role in shaping our software solutions that provide measurable customer value, working cross-functionally across engineering, product, design, & operations teams to address business needs.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer on the shopping team, you will build features that excite & delight users to drive customer acquisition, conversion, & retention across our omnichannel touchpoints. We are a small but nimble team where everybody works on meaningful, high impact projects that move the needle for Glossier. We are strong owners & eager builders looking to launch Glossier to new heights!
Six Month Expectations
- Become proficient in our environment & learn how our systems work together to support our public website & in-store experience.
- Work closely with product managers & designers to create useful & polished user experiences.
Twelve Month Expectations
- Take ownership and/or support one or more of our services, & influence the direction of new feature sets.
- Contribute continuous improvements to our design system.
- Grow & mentor other engineers on best practices for frontend engineering.
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience building customer-facing applications
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in design systems & with building maintainable, modular components
- Understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines best practices
- Good oral & written communication skills
- Self-starter, quick learner & passionate problem resolver
- TypeScript, Ruby/Rails nice to have
- E-commerce experience nice to have
NOTE: Glossier requires all newly-hired employees whose job responsibilities require them to work from a Glossier office or retail location or require them to travel, work in person with vendors or others or participate in creative productions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Glossier is an equal opportunity employer & will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, & promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.