ACV Auctions is reinventing a $100 billion industry through an online, wholesale vehicle marketplace that provides car dealerships a more effective & transparent way of buying & selling wholesale vehicles through 20-minute auctions. Our technology modernizes the entire arc of auction operations, providing third- party inspections, account management, title & payment processing, managing arbitration & transportation. The company strives to be the most trusted source in the industry for dealers to buy & sell wholesale vehicles. The company is growing 300% year-over-year & recently completed a $150 million Series E funding round from investors such as Bessemer Venture Partners & Bain Capital Ventures.
Who we are looking for:
ACV Auctions is looking for a Software Engineer that will work on the Auction Systems team. This team is focused on building & delivering new product features that will change the way our customers experience & interact with ACV auctions. We are committed to being an innovative leader in the online auction space & we are seeking strong talent who can deliver on audacious goals & product features. In this role you will get to work alongside a team of software & production engineers, creating new features related to our core auction & bidding systems.
We value practical software experience in addition to a thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals. The technologies you are familiar with are less important to us than your ability to solve complex software problems & apply software engineering best practices.
What you will do:
- Design, develop, & maintain code for our online vehicle listing & bidding platform.
- Develop code to enhance the inventory viewing & bidding experience for our customers
- Design & deliver solutions that add transparency & trust to the virtual auction space.
- Collaborate with software & production engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, & ensure high reliability & performance for your products.
- Conduct code reviews, contribute high-quality documentation & build robust test suites for your products.
- Grow & mentor other engineers within the team & cross-functionally based on personal strengths & capabilities.
- Have the opportunity to be active in community events surrounding the tech start-up & incubator space here in downtown Buffalo.
What you will need:
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with relational & distributed databases.
- Experience in a highly iterative environment with automated testing & continuous delivery.
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing highly scalable back-end web applications
- Experience working on distributed computing problems. Knowledge of the CAP Theorem & trade-offs between different consistency models.
- An understanding of fundamental functional programming concepts.
- Experience building RPC services using either Thrift, gRPC, or equivalent
- Experience with containers & Kubernetes.
- Experience with Domain-driven Development.
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Upbeat innovative culture
- Professional training opportunities
- Flexible schedule
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.