The Critical Mass technology team is looking for an inspired, motivated, & experienced web developer to join our team. We are an experience design agency with a focus on the customer, which means that multi-discipline collaboration & prototyping are at the heart of our process. This role will join a talented team working on BMWUSA.com. We're using the latest technologies including ES6, pub/sub architecture, & a clean component-based approach to deliver reusable, innovative, & responsive experiences. Web performance & accessibility are also key concerns because of their respective importance to user experience & perception of a premium experience.
Our team culture thrives on a balance of collaboration & focused time which means you won't be spending your days turning PSDs into HTML or simply pulling tickets off a JIRA queue - rather you'll be part of the design & prototyping process using data & user research feedback as input. You'll help balance the team between innovation & pragmatism. Additionally, the team has several remote members so we use screenshares & Slack as to keep communication flowing. We have a lot of fun & hope you'll join us.
- Collaborate with Design & UX to prototype user interactions
- Mentor other front-end developers
- Ensure compatibility of code across devices & viewport sizes
- Assess & optimize page performance & WCAG compliance
- Work with delivery team to ensure overall quality of the experience & support this with tests & documentation
- Strong communication skills with a team-centric approach to discussion & decision making within a distributed team.
- Experience using HTML5 semantic markup, CSS3, & CSS & SVG-based animation on responsive consumer-facing websites.
- Full command of Git, the terminal, continuous deployment & integration, & other modern fundamentals.
- Strong troubleshooting ability & technical analysis skills - web performance optimization included.
- WCAG accessibility experience is preferred.
- Agency experience preferred.