About Chefs Plate
Chefs Plate is the first meal kit company to establish its footprint in Canada. At Chefs Plate, we are passionate about redefining how Canadians eat & we provide delicious food direct to our customers online. Since launching in late 2014, we have been experiencing hyper-growth & we are looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to build the top tier online food brand in Canada. We built Chefs Plate with one simple belief: eat better, live better.
In October 2018, HelloFresh saw something special in Chefs Plate & brought it into the HelloFresh family. Chefs Plate is now part of one of the fastest growing start-ups in Canada, & part of the worlds largest meal kit family as we tirelessly work to disrupt the food industry.
We remain focused on delivering delicious meals, designed for busy people, & continue our mission to create human connections through food.
We are looking for a contract UX/UI Designer who is passionate about creating user-centered solutions for our web & mobile products. As the second designer on a growing tech team, you will have the chance to research, ideate & design brand new experiences for one of the biggest meal-kit products in Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the end-to-end design process, from concept to final handoff
- Plan & conduct user testing to identify pain points & improvements in existing designs
- Create empathy maps, user flows, wireframes & prototypes for new product ideas
- Work with key stakeholders to rationalize solutions & be a champion for human centered design
- Use quantitative & qualitative data to drive design decisions
- Help contribute to a brand new design system for both web & mobile experiences
- Work closely with the Product Owner, Data Analyst & Engineering team to plan & execute your designs
- Has a degree or diploma in a field related to UX design, visual design or interaction design
- 1-2 years experience designing consumer-facing web & mobile experiences
- Have used design tools like Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, InVision Studio, etc.
- Solid understanding of mobile, responsive & adaptive design principles related to cross-device experiences
- Great verbal & written communication skills
- Excitement for working in a start-up environment with a high level of ambiguity & change
- Interest in transitioning into a permanent UX/UI Design role at Chefs Plate
- Some basic understanding of HTML/CSS
- An enthusiastic, engaged attitude ready to energize & contribute to a start-up environment.
- Excels in a fast-paced environment.
- A go-getter with a "make things happen" mentality.
- A real passion for food is required!