The Senior Director, Head of PMO-Payments, is responsible for ensuring that MAPPD's programs & projects are planned, managed, & governed in a consistent, transparent, & disciplined manner. The position requires an experienced program management professional with the right mix of relevant experience & skills, an ability to flex between the strategic & the tactical, outstanding verbal & written communication skills, & a high level of energy & integrity to get things done in a fast-paced, team-oriented product development environment. S(he) will be a program management leader who embodies Visa's leadership principles of leading by example, communicating openly, enabling & inspiring others, exceling with partners, acting decisively, & collaborating effectively.
In this role, s(he) will manage a team of Technical Program/Project Managers who use Agile Development Methods & the Scrum Framework to deliver critical, customer facing, enterprise software development payments projects to our production systems. S(he) will lead efforts to improve our processes, making our teams highly productive & also champion the adoption of engineering practices like Continuous Integration & Test Driven Development.
As the leader of the PMO, s(he) will foster collaboration across global business & technology organizations, providing sound analysis & change leadership. Building & maintaining strong internal customer relationships is essential as this position will work with Business Partners, internal staff & system integrators on a daily basis to ensure delivery of quality products in alignment with global initiatives & requirements across the enterprise
S(he) will be responsible for hiring top talent & keeping the organization highly engaged & motivated, delivering exceptional results. The ability to work across functions & teams will allow him/her to ensure alignment of priorities & goals, drive results & foster a culture & environment to achieve excellence & innovation.
· Provide leadership & oversight to a team of technical program/project managers who use agile practices & the scrum framework for the planning, execution & delivery of products.
· Work with Business Sponsors to develop project roadmaps that align with business objectives/priority & take into account resource availability.
· Overall responsibility for planning, executing, tracking & managing cost, schedule, & scope for all projects in the portfolio.
· Direct project portfolio activities, conduct reviews, & use strong technical & business acumen to manage risk & address escalated impediments.
· Enforce consistency & standardize processes across the team & the broader project management organization.
· Drive improvements in software development practices/processes within teams & across the organization.
· Drive the adoption of key engineering practices like Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development, etc. to improve quality & reliability of team's deliverables.
· Responsible for coaching & mentoring of local technology leaders on Agile/Scrum/Lean principles & practices.
· Manage HR & Performance management aspects of employees.
· Mentor & guide local managers through their career paths.
· Must have 10 years of experience in the Payments domain (both Card Present & Card not Present). The experience must cover terminal management, different payment types (credit, debit, altpay & ApplePay/GooglePay) & tokenization.
· Must be able to articulate the role of merchants, acquirers & networks in the transaction processing value chain.
· Bachelors or Masters degree with a STEM focus (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) or equivalent. MBA is a plus.
· 15+ years of relevant work experience in either Program, Project or Portfolio management.
· Previous experience in managing a large portfolio of projects (over $20 million).
· 5+ years of technical leadership experience ideally from a development or test engineering background.
· 10+ years of experience hiring, training, mentoring & managing a project team of 10 or more members.
· Exceptional knowledge of Agile/Scrum/Lean principles & practices.
· Solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies, & best practices.
· Excellent ability to understand architectural & technical aspects of projects.
· Strong knowledge of SDLC principles & practices.
· Deep experience in managing complex programs delivered by globally distributed teams.
· Strong leadership qualities & organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, & roles.
· Demonstrated ability to succeed in a complex organization where the ability to discover & internalize diverse stakeholder goals is critical to brokering solutions that are in the best interest of Visa as a whole.
· Independent judgment & mature decision making skills to deal with programs that often have enterprise-wide scope & may have significant financial & compliance impacts.
· Excellent verbal, written, & presentation skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical & business issues & solutions to multiple organizational levels internally & externally as needed to support the strategic goals.
· Additional Qualifications:
o Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is strongly preferred. PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM),Scaled Agile Framework Program Consultant (SAFe SPC), Certified Stanford Advanced Senior Program Manager (SAPM), and/or Lean Six Sigma certifications also preferred. Certifications must be current & in good standing.
o Strong knowledge of Rally & Jira planning tools.
o Experience working with offshore consulting firms on large scale & complex projects.
o Previous experience as a small business merchant & international work experience are a plus.
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel 10%+ domestically
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law..