Money Mentor is the financial advisor for every student. Each year, the average college student graduates with $37,000 in student loan debt & yet they leave $2.7 billion in free federal aid unclaimed. Our program is powered by Money Mentor's technology & acts as your personal financial assistant, available nights & weekends (for free) over text message. We help students fill out the FAFSA, find scholarships, negotiate college tuition, develop student loan repayment plan, create customized budgets, & prepare for the future!
Money Mentor is part of CommonBond, a values-driven, customer-centric financial services company. CommonBond's mission is to change the way people think about paying for college. It's also are the only financial services company with a 1-for-1 social program: For every loan funded, it funds the education of a child in the developing world. CommonBond has been named to the World's 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work by, & the Forbes Fintech 50.
The Operations Intern will be instrumental in both ensuring an efficient recruiting process & monitoring our core metrics concerning our growth team while maintaining the fun, dynamic, fast-paced environment in which everyone thrives. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. The individual must have strong organizational skills & be enthusiastic about managing & solving problems on a daily basis.
- Manage the funnel of applicants across our growing team
- Qualify, interview, & hand off recruits to on-boarding
- Work with marketing team on the In-School business to develop Gen Z campaigns
- Work on special projects including Gen Z surveys
The Right Candidate Has:
- High attention to detail, responsiveness, & strong communication skills
- Previous work or internship experience
- Taken out loans themselves for college / graduate school financing
- Passion for helping students
- 25 hours a week in person
- Ability to meet deadlines & deliverables
Pay / Benefits:
- Work in Commonbonds Soho office with access to our marketing, technology, & product teams
- $1,500 / month
- Get access to new mentors