What is Slice?
Slice is the only technology & marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile & web ordering experience for consumers, & by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, & marketing to compete with big chains & grow their business. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
The Chief Product Officer will lead the holistic product effort in collaboration with operations & technology to drive a local pizza experience to consumers around the globe. This role focuses on building the business of Slice through product, owning & optimizing performance metrics as we drive towards out vision.
What you'll do:
- Partner with the CEO to build a product roadmap for Restaurants & Pizza Eaters that drive our marketplace
- Build a deep understanding of our users through market research, customer interviews, & usage studies
- Be responsible for product planning & execution throughout the product lifecycle including: understanding shop & customer needs, partnering with engineering, design, & cross functional teams to define & deliver the product vision
- Work in partnership with senior leadership, Business Operations, Data Science, Analytics, & Engineering to build a streamlined, full funnel experience that optimizes operations & product
- Leverage product analytics to drive product strategy & direction: analyze user/customer behaviors, technology trends, competitive analyses, & more to guide the product roadmap
- Manage & grow a team of product managers while providing development, mentorship, & excitement to exceed team & department goals
What we're looking for:
- 12+ years experience in managing products in a marketplace environment
- BS in Computer Science or related field, Masters Preferred
- Demonstrated success owning product design & delivery
- Background in software development & program management
- Deep analytical & statistical background
- Marketplace experience highly valued
History of Slice:
Slice was born in 2010 & has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 11,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder & CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends & family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their craft to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, & investors all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza while helping local shops succeed.
Our Pizza Philosophy
Slice is on a journey to be the most valuable pizza brand on the planet. We connect makers & eaters to enrich their lives through the power of specialization & pizza expertise. Backed by generations of knowledge & cutting-edge technology, we give makers the platform & voice to take charge of their industry, expand their coverage, & fill the world with authentic cuisine.
When passionate makers turn their craft into their livelihood, we all live happier, fuller lives. People stop accepting the homogenous, mass-produced pies of big chains & robotic trucks because the quality, variety, & authenticity of Slice is both hyper-convenient & known worldwide.We believe pizza isnt just food. Its a slice of community, a slice of culture, a slice of life.
Were growing our family every day so, if youve got a passion for local, authentic pizza & the drive to help share it with the world, wed love to have you on the team! Check out a few awards weve recently won for our workplace & culture: [LINKS HERE]
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.