Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
As a Planner on our Inventory team, you will be responsible for creating & operationalizing inventory plans to support RTRs growth. You will be accountable for maintaining & driving optimal inventory levels by category & channel to maximize ROI. You will report to the VP of Planning & Inventory Strategy & work cross-functionally with Buying/Fashion, Finance, & Analytics. The ideal candidate is inquisitive, comfortable working with complex data, & energized by having a direct impact on growth.
What Youll Do:
Support the Inventory Performance & Optimization teams inventory end-of-life efforts by creating & executing our inventory exit strategy:
- Create pre-season plans & in-season forecasts that support our inventory needs to scale our rental offering
- Analyze inventory performance based on historical data, product attributes & customer attributes across RTRs various channels
- Lead cross-functional analyses & mechanisms for allocation, reorders, & other strategic inventory decisions.
- Regularly communicate inventory insights, findings, & trends to Inventory team as well as cross-functional stakeholders
- Utilize Looker to build & maintain data visualizations
- Support Buying teams understanding of & ability to improve key metrics by partnering with Data Science team on actionable analyses
- Build & evolve planning tools & processes to support growth & keep up with rapidly changing business needs
- Bachelors degree & 4-5 years of experience in planning, analytics, finance, consulting, retail, or an early-to-growth stage company.
- Strong business acumen & analytical skills with an interest in data & its ability to create value & shape business decisions.
- Excellent communication skills across multiple mediums & an ability to provide clear, concise information to key stakeholders on various teams.
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial drive & a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A strong attention to detail, as well as an understanding of the bigger picture.
- An innate sense of curiosity & desire to solve problems, make decisions & take action on both an individual & collaborative basis.
- Microsoft Office skills, specifically Advanced Excel required
- Proficiency in SQL & Looker a plus
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Office centric work - our corporate employees & technical leaders have the option to work remotely on Fridays, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $98,800 to $123,500. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held. This position is also eligible for equity compensation.