The Dodo is seeking a creative & self-motivated visual storyteller to join our Snapchat team. The person in this role will be responsible for finding, pitching & crafting fun, compelling videos for The Dodos Snapchat Discover channel. You are excited by the prospect of owning short-form videos from start to finish all while keeping a razor focus on innovative ways to use sound design & motion graphics to tell engaging 10-second stories. The ability to find & pitch videos + images from social media that draw new viewers in as the "cover story" is crucial. Identifying must-click visuals & copy is paramount.
The ideal candidate will have an obsession with digital media, & be nimble & eager to stay two steps ahead of evolving best practices. A passion for finding clips that are emotional/visual gold & a data-driven urgency for reaching a wide audience on Snapchat are key. Attention to detail, great people skills, a positive attitude & persistence in mining for the best content are needed to create videos & editions that are consistently special & highly shareable. We publish entire editions every single day of the year & are looking for people who love a fast-paced, collaborative workflow. Flexible thinkers & proactive doers who want to work in a rapidly changing startup environment will thrive on this team.
What you'll do:
- Find, pitch & get permissions on compelling stories about animals by mining social media & other footage sources
- Use video editing techniques & rigorous storytelling to create snaps that tell Dodo stories in a fun & engaging way
- Use feedback to iterate on content selection/sourcing, voice & editing techniques, working closely with managers & other editors on the team
- Always aim to grow performance metrics through best practices
Who we're looking for:
- You have 2 years of full-time editing experience at a digital media company preferred
- You have at least 2 years of relevant experience editing on Adobe Premiere & After Effects preferred
- You have experience creating an emotionally compelling video (please provide clips)
- You desire to work for a startup & a love of animals
- You are extremely creative, organized & dedicated to creating best-in-class videos
- You are able to work independently & also exchange feedback with a close-knit team
- You have deep understanding of the Dodo brand & a drive to excel at the kind of storytelling that resonates emotionally with animal lovers
- You have basic Photoshop experience
- Snapchat experience/obsession a plus
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, & federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value diversity & inclusivity. Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, & tea. Who needs anything else?
Who is The Dodo?
The Dodo is the worlds #1 animal brand & and the most engaged media brand globally across all content genres. Were obsessed with creating fun, entertaining, emotional content that makes people fall in love with animals. Were looking for committed, proactive & positive people who want to help build our brand & grow with our company.