Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
We are looking for an Email Marketing Manager to join our growing marketing team at our HQ in SoHo. You will develop, scale, & optimize email marketing strategies across our products. You will be responsible for email production, execution, testing, proofreading, deployment, & reporting of email campaigns. In this role, you'll exercise your full range of strategic, analytical, & creative skills to help millions of learners achieve their goals every day.
Embedded within the marketing team, you will work closely with the creative, product, & data science teams to implement marketing campaigns focused on the entire end-to-end user journey.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Oversee all lifecycle marketing campaigns across a variety of channels (email, push, in-app, direct mail), including onboarding series, nurture, transactional, seasonal campaigns, & more
- Create a robust segmentation strategy aimed at personalizing the customer journey & maximizing every touch point in the customer lifecycle
- Develop a rigorous testing strategy to continually optimize these programs, including identifying opportunities to A/B test campaigns, with the goal of driving increased conversion & retention behavior from our lifecycle email program
- Report on key email metrics & performance against key top-line business KPIs, including increasing free-to-paid conversion, reducing churn, & more
- Work with the Creative team to manage & oversee all aspects of the lifecycle email development process, including experimenting with new messaging & email templates, seeking to maximize the performance of initiatives
- Work closely with the Data Science team to understand user behaviors that correlate with engagement, conversion, & retention, in order to develop strategies that will impact these metrics, through tactics such as segmentation & messaging
- Regularly identify trends & track lifecycle email marketing strategies from other consumer & B2B SaaS brands to glean insights on new ideas for lifecycle email marketing
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 3+ years of direct experience managing email marketing campaigns & automations with a proven track record of overseeing & optimizing lifecycle emails at a consumer SaaS company
- Experience strategizing & developing triggered emails that adhere to a customer lifecycle journey
- Prior experience working with CRM/marketing automation tools & across email, push, and/or in-app messaging. Familiarity with Iterable & Hubspot a plus.
- Passion to craft a narrative both written & verbally
- Strong attention to detail our emails reach tens of millions of inboxes every month
- Exceptional project management & organizational skills
- Deep analytical & data acumen & familiarity with data analytics tools like Google Analytics, Looker, etc. to analyze results & identify new opportunities
- Ability to edit HTML & CSS email templates & experience with Liquid (or similar language) for dynamic personalization
- Awareness of email marketing trends & best practices
- An understanding of the requirements for CAN-SPAM compliance as well as the nuances of email compliance internationally in various regulatory regimes (e.g., GDPR or CASL)
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Experience with CDPs (e.g. Segment, mParticle) & their segmentation capabilities
- Experience at medium-to-late-stage startups
- Experience in other SaaS businesses, specifically education
- Experience with other CRM channels such as push notifications, SMS, or in-app messaging
- Global and/or localization experience
- Interest in coding or passion for empowering others through coding education is a plus
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.