To power critical decisions in health care with data science-driven technology.
Aetion is a health care technology company that delivers real-world evidence for life sciences, payers, providers, & regulatory agencies. The Aetion Evidence Platform analyzes data from the real world to produce transparent, rapid, & scientifically validated answers on treatments, costs, & outcomes. Founded by Harvard Medical School faculty members with decades of experience in epidemiology & health outcomes research, Aetion informs health cares most critical decisions what works best, for whom, & when to guide treatment development, commercialization, & payment innovation into health cares modern era.
We are seeking an experienced consultative sales professional to grow new business within assigned accounts. You will serve as their strategic business partner responsible for developing & expanding new business opportunities with the customer & prospects. You will lead & coordinate all Aetion client business development interactions for the team. You will partner with cross functional colleagues to drive solution development that meet complex client business issues.
The following duties include, but, are not limited to:
- Develop & deliver insightful, value-added strategies & solutions that address complex client issues.
- Create & elevate new business opportunities through the identification of value-added follow-on work & identify new revenue opportunities with existing & new client organizations.
- Actively prospect within specified potential new and/or existing Customers/Accounts.
- Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers within accounts & develop deep knowledge of the customer organization.
- Work with cross-functional support teams to prepare & lead client interactions & sales presentations. Educate team participants in customer culture, operational needs/methods & techniques needed to close the sale.
- Manage & assist in the preparation of RFI/RFP responses.
- Utilize SFDC & other tools to maintain business development & sales activities & track progress.
- Support sales by attending trade shows & industry conferences.
- Client Relationship Management - principal owner of client engagements to the medical affairs, real-world evidence, brand & commercial functions, & clinical development.
- Build & integrate on an annual account plan for key clients to drive internal alignment & revenue growth.
Senior Level Solution Selling - Proven ability to build relationships, identify client pain points, & develop custom solutions at the CEO/CMO/SVP level (ideally providing comprehensive & authoritative knowledge in RWE/brand/commercial services solutions demonstrated through speaking, writing, & general eminence).
Communications/Executive Presence - Expresses ideas in a clear & concise manner; tailors message to target audience with the gravitas to build relationships to sell software & services.
Industry Trends - Maintains a constant focus on industry, client & competitive trends in the life sciences industry. Applies this knowledge to both active client engagements & business/client development activities.
Cooperative Teamwork - Builds supportive relationships within a team, based on trust & respect. Requires listening to others, adapting to different work styles & focuses on shared goals. Willing to challenge others & accepts challenges as a way of getting the best results for the team.
Customer Focus - Develops strong, lasting relationships with clients. Possesses desire to understand & satisfy customers needs & exceed expectations whenever possible.
Decision-Making - Makes clear & appropriate decisions. Performs with incomplete or ambiguous information, & while under time pressure. Resilience in making unpopular decisions when necessary & taking responsibility for outcomes & impacts of those decisions.
Influencing - Balances the need to shape outcomes in short term while maintaining successful long-term relationships. Knows how to motivate & inspire to achieve a common goal & demonstrates key strategic negotiation tactics. Uses personal & professional contacts to influence people across teams or organizations.
Innovation - Turns creative ideas into original solutions. Produces new or different approaches in current situations & enables creativity in others. Involved in generating ideas & seeing them through to implementation.
Strategic Vision - Creates a clear view of the future of the business. Considers the long-term goals of the organization & defines the strategy to achieve this. Takes into account the current environment in which the business operates & anticipates future changes or challenges for the organization.
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) or equivalent.
- A strong sales track record.
- At least 10 years professional experience in enterprise selling or consulting in the pharmaceutical & healthcare industry with evidence of career progression.
- Demonstrable experience in & commitment to the life sciences and/or healthcare industries.
- A willingness & ability to travel to client locations.
- Lead at all levels Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders & technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports & maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, & HIMSS
- Located in three cities We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, & Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social & energetic offices with a modern layout, & a giant kitchen & eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, & industry meetups & events.
- Great perks We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, 4% 401(k) match, & unlimited PTO
- Awards Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great & inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit & maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse & culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.