As a member of the Finance Products team, your primary responsibility will be to oversee all of the software that powers our Finance teams, which include Accounting, FP&A & Tax. You will also be collaborating with & providing crucial data to our Data Science teams. The data sets, pipelines, & tools that you build are mission critical for many company-wide decisions & will be for years to come. Additionally, you will work on a team where continuous learning & team-wide knowledge sharing is a core part of the day-to-day culture. You will report directly to the manager of the Finance Products team in our NYC Headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Build & maintain data processing services built with Airflow
- Write, test & review microbatch or streaming ETL powered by Kafka
- Write, test & review complex SQL queries & stored procedures for Postgres
- Continuously improve our system, tests, & Data Quality Indicators
- Stay knowledgeable about the ever changing technology landscape.
- Work with the team to guide technical & architectural changes.
- Be a technical leader, mentor & encourage the technical growth of your teammates
- You love working directly with the people whose problems you're solving
- You are experienced at data modeling, storage, security, & retrieval
- You're motivated & inspired. You naturally lead a project & ask for help when needed
- You enjoy working with dynamic programming languages, relational databases, & distributed systems. Our platform is ever-evolving, but is a combination of Python, Java, Postgres, Kubernetes, Spark, Presto, Kafka, & MongoDB
- You have a deep understanding of the products & tools you work with
- 5+ years of experience
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.