Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about helping developers build & deploy real world applications.
We are looking for a Senior product manager to join our storage team to define & manage the evolution of DigitalOcean Spaces our object storage platform & CDN (Content Delivery Network). Reporting to the VP of Product Management, you will own developing the object storage business including expanding customer adoption & usage growth, & raising the bar in ensuring we deliver the best possible customer experience.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Act as Product Owner in the development process, creating epics & user stories, & prioritizing & grooming the product backlog
- Collaborate with internal & external stakeholders to gather requirements & create user stories
- Drive a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently & learns continuously without sacrificing product quality
- Develop business cases & model unit economics for growth & onboarding initiatives
- Drive our go-to-market approach, including pricing, marketing, & customer success engagements
- Collaborate closely with geographically dispersed engineering teams during the development phases
- Provide direction to target untapped market potential, expansion of existing markets or market growth in new verticals
- Develop & communicate vision & strategy to executive & leadership teams.
What Well Expect From You:
- Experience working as a product manager for storage, data, cloud or other infrastructure software offerings
- Experience with B2C product management is a plus
- Track record of taking ownership & getting results
- Sound business judgments
- Extraordinary interpersonal & communication skills with track record of navigating complex unstructured cross-functional environments
- Ability to influence, negotiate, & formulate data-driven decisions
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities amid ambiguity
- Empathy for users
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Product #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Product team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!