Do you know about all of the best bands before your friends do? Are you looking to get published with a byline on a music outlet? Do you go to concerts more than anyone you know? Can you write with energy, boldness, & a sense of humor? Are you obsessed with Twitter & Instagram? Do you read music websites every morning on the subway? Do you like every genre under the sun?
Bandsintown is looking for a fall intern to join the Content team in our New York City office. Our ideal candidate would answer Yes to all of the questions above. The Editorial Content + Events Intern will report to the Content Director & should be a creative, independent self-starter who is passionate about music, writing, & events. This internship is perfect for someone looking to learn more about the music industry, develop valuable relationships, & learn about working in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate is interested in expanding skills related to the music industry, artist relations, digital & email marketing, event production, & editorial process. He/She should be forward-thinking, detail-oriented, organized, & passionate.
We are looking to teach about the music industry as a whole & to offer insight into what its like to work for a live music company. Candidates must be enrolled in an internship program through an accredited educational program. The Bandsintown Editorial Content + Events internship is unpaid for credit; at least 20 hours per week are expected.
- Researching, pitching, writing news stories
- Curating & maintain editorial & social media calendars
- Conducting interviews with bands
- Crafting & scheduling/posting social media pieces
- Fact checking
- Transcribing interviews
- Proofreading articles & eblasts
- Copywriting for eblasts
- Managing contact databases
- Brainstorming creative campaigns for social media & larger features for touring artists
- Attending live concerts
- Staying on top of pop culture trends
- Assisting with event production for shows around NYC