ABOUT THE ROLE
You should have approximately 5+ years work experience, including several years managing multidisciplinary teams & complex projects, & serving as a representative with clients & stakeholders in the NGO & private sectors.
This role is a full time staff role & is offered at Manager tier. The salary range is $75,000 - $90,000 per year, commensurate with experience. This role reports to the Campaign Director. The position is based in Purposes New York office but we are open to candidates based anywhere in the US, with a preference for NY/East coast. We are currently remote due to COVID & will be moving to hybrid work model when it is safe to do so.
If your career has focused on one area of digital campaigning & you are looking for your next step, we urge you to apply. We're looking for team players with passion, a sharp mind, high integrity, a hands-on attitude, & an entrepreneurial, problem-solving spirit.
If these are things that get you out of the bed in the morning we want to hear from you:
- Thinking about how to make the world a better place.
- Asking who holds the power, & how to move people to action
- How to tell stories that stop the heart & move the mind
- The internet. What works on it, why & how you can create the next viral hit.
- Why are the things you care about not on the homepage of the New York Times & how you get them there
As a Purpose Digital Campaign Manager, you will:
- Support the development of integrated grassroots campaign strategies (digital, grassroots, paid, earned, owned, partnerships, influencers etc.) that move people to action & change public narratives
- Play a supporting role in campaign execution, including developing campaign content (e.g., writing email & social media copy), executing offline tactics & stunts, running experiments (e.g., A/B email subject line tests), monitoring metrics, & sharing data-driven results
- Work with our Impact, Measurement & Learning (Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning) team to optimize & maximize campaign impact, develop internal benchmarks, KPIs, goals, & measurement practices -- then evaluate & adjust tactics accordingly. On each client project, youll package & report analytics from testing & optimizations that provide sophisticated learnings to clients.
- Support campaign lead in developing approaches to engage new audiences on important issues through creative campaign concepts & content that optimized for participation & public engagement
- Support the development of campaign narratives & identify storytelling opportunities & channels
- Contribute to the development of campaign content in partnership with the Purpose creative team, including videos, graphics, & digital experiences
- Play a role in the development & constant refinement of our model of acceleration & creation: How do we assess which projects are the most impactful? How do we create quantum & not just incremental change?
- Be part of a team that analyzes the issue landscape & identify opportunities for interventions for impact
- Contribute to campaigns from research & analysis to strategy to concept through to planning, execution & measurement, in partnership with creative
- Contribute to preparing for fundraising & partnership conversations
- Develop & present professional & high quality client-facing deliverables, such as strategy presentations with clear flow & focused recommendations, campaign plans outlining goals, audience, channels, partnerships, timeline etc.
This is what a day in the life of an Digital Campaign Manager looks like:
- You will be developing advocacy campaign strategies & tactics that shift narratives & move people to action
- You will be developing organizing strategies & tactics to build & engage communities of supporters in advocacy campaigns
- You will be developing communications & marketing plans to bring advocacy campaign messages & calls-to-action to target supporter audiences, both online & offline
- You will be producing advocacy campaign assets & tactics: from writing emails, mastering social media for good to organising a crazy stunt. Whatever it takes -- youll do it.
- You will be involved in the development of creative content including short viral films, website & digital experience & writing copy.
- You will be working in partnership with a diverse range of groups from grassroots activists, media & some of the worlds biggest institutions
- Campaign or communications background, ideally from a leading consultancy/agency or non-profit advocacy organization, serving as a key representative with clients & stakeholders, including staff of major foundations, NGOs, & corporations, with a demonstrated track record leading complex projects with multidisciplinary teams in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience managing large-scale campaigns from concept through execution, developing & executing digital campaigns across channels, including earned & paid media & content-led strategies.
- Experience running iterative, agile, and/or lean campaigns that emphasize experimentation & scaling of success, ideally within a technology context
- Proven ability to deliver creative campaigns that move people to action
- Ability to work under pressure & tight deadlines, & stay organized to get a campaign out the door
- Strong writing & communication skills
- Demonstrable strong analytical & strategic thinking & campaign planning skills
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture & a hierarchical team structure
- Youre a person of integrity, people enjoy working with you, & youre personally committed to progressive & humanitarian values
If these are the things that get you up in the morning, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume & a cover letter that gives us insight into your passion & qualifications for the role.
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of all ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ individuals & people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.