What is Slice?
Slice is the leading technology & marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it super easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile & web ordering experience for consumers, & by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, & marketing to grow their business, while helping them compete with Big Pizza. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
Why you should be a Product Manager at Slice
- Get in early at a well-funded startup, own your products, & craft world-class experiences.
- Grow your career & receive mentorship from a high-performance team of Product pros from Amazon, AmEx, Gilt, Jet & more top NYC shops.
- Prioritize user outcomes over roadmap output. Make a real difference both for the users feeding their friends/family & in the lives of 55,000 small business owners & the hundreds of thousands of people they employ.
What you'll do:
- Drive the roadmap process by working closely with Engineers, Product Designers & Analysts to test, code, measure & iterate your products.
- Be a driving force on cross-departmental Squads to identify & prioritize high-impact opportunities & keep the team focused on the users Job-To-Be-Done.
- Through both your own data analysis & working with Slices Business Intelligence team, develop & test hypotheses to optimize the experience & drive revenue.
- Support our business development team on the discovery & execution of product partnerships.
- Depending on team, report to Group Product Manager or Director. Flat org design promotes direct meetings with & mentorship from VP of Product.
What we're looking for:
- 2-4 years of Product Management experience in marketplace & mobile products.
- Good experience both in analyzing data to help develop hypotheses & then constructing experiments to test them.
- Clear passion for Design Thinking & being a partner to Product Design.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate & partner well throughout an organization.
- Meticulous in taking care of the details & demonstrating end-to-end ownership of work.
- Fluent in an agile software development.
- Great Product Managers can come from a variety of backgrounds, & so Slice is open-minded to varied education & experience.
History of Slice:
Slice was born in 2010 & has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 8,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder & CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends & family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their bites to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, & investors all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza. Did you see we were recently Apples App of the Day?
Our Pizza Philosophy
We believe pizza is more than food it's a slice of life. Across the country, pizza is made by people who care about craft, history, & culture. We created Slice to champion the small mom & pop pizzerias by connecting those proud makers with customers who are just as passionate about their pizza. We celebrate pizza as the ultimate shareable food that brings people together for more than just a bite. So whether you call it a pizza parlor, slice joint, or pizzeria, we're here to help you order authentic local pizza, connect to your community, & live your best slice life.
Were growing our family every day so, if youve got a passion for local, authentic pizza & the drive to help share it with the world, wed love to have you on the team!
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.