Guardant Healthis a leading precision oncologycompanyfocused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics.The Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage our capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs.
In pursuit of our goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease,Guardant Healthhas launched two liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, & is developing programs for recurrence & early detection, called Project LUNAR. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 5,000 oncologists, over 40 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Bioinformatics Software Team is seeking a highly motivated Summer Intern - BISW to join our Clinical Software team to help develop, test, & improve our BI pipeline. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies & work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful & meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Summer Intern - BISW supporting Bioinformatics & its technology pipeline, you will work with members within the team & interface with multiple teams including data team, clinical operations, research operations, & bioinformatics. You will be hands on in the codebase & have the opportunity to participate in projects focused both on development & deployment for technologies related to the bioinformatics pipeline here at Guardant Health. These projects include work to ensure stability of BI technology pipeline as well as & learning to design, implement, & validate new software for future bioinformatics support & development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform basic level software engineering principles.
- Be able to approach problems with an open mind & an eye towards the end user.
- Willingness to learn agile methodology & adhere to the process.
- Document all code & be willing to update existing documentation.
- Work under supervision of Senior Software Engineers.
- Bring a can-do attitude to solve new & challenging problems in a high-pace environment.
- Be able to present updates orally, write reports & updates, & participate in technical discussions.
- Completed Coursework in Computer Science, Software Engineering, and/or Bioinformatics
- Experience with Python is preferred.
- Experience with Linux & comfort in terminal is a plus
- Professional hands-on experience in software engineering is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in interacting with APIs is a plus.
- Experience deployment technologies (CI/CD, Ansible, Jenkins) is a plus.
Students pursuing or recently completing BSc in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Bioinformatics, or a related field with strong programmatic background.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.