Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries & we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators & payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year & is now processing over 3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees & have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong & other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products & services for our customers.
Changing the world isnt easy so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, & have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain & develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture & how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
A can-do proactive PR manager & strategic communicator who builds cross-functional relationships from Product to HR & Customer Service in order to identify compelling stories from product developments to business announcements as well as internal communications opportunities to support the company narrative.
Youll play a key role in building awareness by developing & implementing a communications strategy that creates favourable brand recognition & awareness for WorldRemit & our mission, vision, & values.
Youll help to develop & drive an impactful communications program focused on PR, Social Media, Executive Communications & Social Impact. Youll create visibility for WorldRemit as a leader in the digital money transfer business, with a primary focus on Africa, Asia, & North America. You will also have an opportunity to periodically travel internationally in support of business development announcements, product launches, & events.
Proactive public relations programs (e.g. campaigns, events, thought leadership opportunities) that deliver high impact earned, owned & paid moments that tell the companys story in the right way, to the right audience at the right moment.
- Project manage priority communications campaigns & events while identifying opportunities for amplification & cross-promotion across organic social media as well as other internal/external channels.
- Proactive pitching, reactive handling, thought leadership & active media monitoring across multiple global markets, with a particular focus on emerging markets in key African & Asian countries as well as the Americas.
- Analyse data from marketing programs, determine insights & develop recommendations to optimize on ongoing basis. Focus on KPIs & outcome-based reporting.
Developing our Employer Brand & Social Impact Communications
- Develop & manage communication programs that position WorldRemit to current & prospective employees
- Devise & implement communications goals, strategies, tactical PR campaigns, stakeholder engagement programmes that increase awareness of our social impact.
- Support managers & senior executives by providing the tools & support required to ensure high quality, frequent & consistent communications including speechwriting, speaking engagements, media interviews, etc.
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Genuine communications savvy - you must have strong media relations skills, a deep network, solid copy-writing & editing skills
- Social media savvy- with experience of repackaging messaging across different platforms.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced corporate environment including experience working in a role with a robust digital or social media component.
- Adept at translating complex commercial & technical ideas to the general public
- Familiar with culture & business in emerging markets, specifically Africa & Asia.
- Detail-oriented with an innate ability to stay on top of multiple projects at once.
- Knowledgeable about key media tools & database for research & dissemination.
- Strong experience working in at a PR role at a consumer-facing tech firm, or in an agency where youve led accounts & been instrumental in the clients success.
- Strong media relationships with top tier business, technology, vertical, & general press as well as demonstrated ability to hustle to build new contacts.
- Budget & agency management experience
- Experience of securing coverage in key emerging markets for example, Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa, Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Guatemala, Mexico.
- Superior presentation / advisory skills - clear, concise thinking & sufficient gravitas to deliver meaningful advice to senior leaders on communications strategy
- Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
Start Date: ASAP
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical & dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast & fruit every day & Friday afternoon tea drinks & nibbles.
- No formal dress code.