The Project Manager will manage projects for the Hachette Innovation Project (HIP), which works to accelerate the Hachette Livre’s digital transformation through the dissemination of a culture of innovation within the international teams of Hachette UK, Hachette Book Group in the US, Hachette España & Hachette Livre in France. The three main activities of HIP are a strategic watch, demo sessions with promising partners, & running proof of concept pilots.
The Project Manager will coordinate & lead meetings with international departments & a consultant agency to ensure all aspects of each project are well conceived, & once launched, continue to move forward, ensuring deliverables stay on time & on budget. The ideal candidate will be a creative & dedicated individual who will fit with our collaborative culture & who will have well developed planning, execution & a range of software skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Virtually meet with stakeholders in New York & London, to take detailed briefs & clarify specific requirements of each project.
- Prepare agendas for weekly meetings with project owners, run meetings, & take & circulate minutes with clear follow ups.
- Coordinate with other PMs & with the leadership of HIP in Paris & Silicon Valley. Coordinate with outside parties to prepare demo sessions or organize meetings & field trips.
- Research & find the right partners for projects: start-ups, writers, designers, engineers, etc. Delegate & follow up on project tasks.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- & long-term goals & KPIs. Ideal candidate is detail oriented & data driven.
- Meet budgetary objectives & make adjustments based on financial analysis
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 3 years’ experience in project management or entrepreneurship
- Familiarity with Slack, Microsoft Office suite, particularly Microsoft Excel & Teams, PowerPoint, & project management software
- Knowledge of new technologies & methodologies & how they can be used to create the stories that will shape our future & lead innovation
- Well-developed leadership skills
- Experience with content creation: writing, editing, or adapting stories and/or news.
- Bilingual or trilingual a big plus. English/French/Spanish
- An ability to work some flexible hours, given the international nature of the position.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual & group settings to diverse stakeholders. Creative & lively presentation skills essential.
- Must be results driven & take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed.
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product & demonstrate good follow up & follow through.
- Drives change & innovation by improving work product or process, and challenges established norms where appropriate.
- Proven ability to build supportive & constructive relationships within & outside of the organization; takes the lead in inspiring others to work together for mutual benefit.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize & manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail.
About Hachette Livre & HIP (Hachette Innovation Program)
Hachette Livre publishes & distributes quality books to as many people as possible in order to educate, cultivate & entertain them. Hachette Livre brings together some 60 publishers in France, Spain, the United Kingdom & the United States. It publishes nearly fifteen thousand new titles every year in a variety of genres: Literature, Education, Books for Young Adults & Children, Tourism, Well Being & Health, Politics, Encyclopedias & Dictionaries.
The Hachette Innovation Program project within the Hachette Livre group is a forward-looking & innovative approach around new digital practices & technologies, shared by the group's entities around the world.
The position is based in New York or the San Francisco Bay area.