Shutterstock is a leading global technology company that offers high-quality assets, tools & services through our creative platform. This platform inspires creators throughout the world by providing diverse content to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. And the people behind the scenes are a super talented, fiercely passionate group of individuals with the unified goal of working together to build a stronger company for our customers, contributors & colleagues alike.
The Strategic Pricing Manager position will offer a unique opportunity to create & optimize a robust pricing framework for the Shutterstock platform. You will be responsible for managing & optimizing pricing for our eCommerce Business Unit globally. The objective is to maximize short & long term revenue & profitability of Shutterstock through pricing improvements. The ideal candidate is well-experienced in building sound analytical modeling in an online B2C environment. You have a good understanding of the impact that marketplace, competitive, & global dynamics have on pricing. Additionally, you enjoy taking on new initiatives & leading them to a successful outcome, working cross-functionally with both technical & non-technical teams.
This position is a part of our Marketing & Pricing organization, reports to the Director of Pricing.
- Optimize & standardize pricing across our portfolio of brands based on comprehensive models to maximize LTV, inclusive of managing costs, competitive pressures, & currency fluctuations.
- Carry out competitive research analyses, design customer surveys & lead global market research to help refine our product offering & pricing structure.
- Lead quantitative analyses on pricing, product mix & global customer buying patterns & organize them into digestible & actionable business insights that drive pricing decisions.
- Work closely with Shutterstocks product, marketing & operations teams to define the future of our pricing products & infrastructure.
- BS/BA degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a quantitative or analytical role, with 2 years B2C pricing responsibility including (but not limited to) finance, consulting, eCommerce, technology, marketing.
- Experience building complex business models from large & disparate data sets. Prior experience with building customer conversion & retention models a plus.
- Strong proficiency using SQL, Tableau, and/or Python.
- Prior experience with UX design on an eCommerce platform preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Understands the Shutterstock brand, marketplace, & competition.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Innovative & Courageous: You have an entrepreneurial spirit, willing to take initiatives to tackle problems that might be outside of your day-to-day responsibilities.
- Analytical & Curious: you are eager to continuously learn new skills & grow.
- Collaborative & accountable: You are a team player with strong interpersonal skills, not afraid to go the extra miles to exceed expectations.
- Honest & Passionate: You always look to do the right thing, & dont always choose the easy path.
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, & currently has more than 260 million images & more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; & Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter & on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V