ACV Auctions is the leading dealer-to-dealer, online automotive marketplace in the nation. We bring transparency to every transaction, from start to finish, ensuring peace of mind & actual value for our customers. We do this with a combination of the industrys best technology & the worlds best people. As a result of our teams tireless effort & dedication, were growing at a staggering rate. ACV is attracting new people from widely different backgrounds & geographies who are invested in the genuine belief that we are creating something special.
Who we are looking for:
The FP&A team manages ACVs financial plan in support of the strategic vision of the Company & provides key insights to focus our investments on the most impactful contributions to financial performance.
The Senior Manager of FP&A is a key strategic role, responsible for analysis & forecasting in support of business decisions & business cases. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, & able to convey business performance & industry dynamics in a straightforward & effective manner. A successful candidate will have strong financial modeling skills complemented by great business acumen. The candidate will also be comfortable balancing shifting priorities in a fast-pace rapidly growing company. The finance team at ACV maintains a roll up your sleeves mentality & look for that in candidates at all levels.
What you will do:
This position will be integral to provide insights & analysis around the company & industry to the Executive Team, Investors & the Board. Additionally, this position will support the Director of Finance to facilitate strategic decision-making across ACV Auctions. Key areas of focus for this role are:
- Take a leading role in financial planning (forecast, annual plan, long-range plan, ad-hoc scenario plans) & quantify the impact on company valuation & competitive position
- Understand ACVs strategy, how it ties into operating results, & performance relative to expectations
- Creates & presents materials to wide variety of stakeholders with varying degrees of financial acumen, ability to present data strategically & clearly is a must
- Support business model innovation & new initiatives guiding the evolution of the business toward long range financial targets
- Collaborate with analysts, data scientists, product managers, & engineers to implement technologies that drive profitability.
- Define, monitor & report on corporate KPIs that represent key dependencies to the financial plan
- Taking a leading role in system & process enhancements to improve our ability to forecast & report on financials faster & with better accuracy
What you will need:
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive finance and/or strategy experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of managerial experience.
- Naturally curious, with the ability to participate in deep discussions with subject matter experts to underwrite key financial drivers of the business.
- Strong business aptitude paired with thoughtful analysis to make great recommendations.
- Strong financial modeling background in corporate finance or investment banking roles.
- Pro-active, hands-on team player with a desire to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Self-motivated & self-directed.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent experience.
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills.
- FP&A experience in a rapidly growing company, tech/software or public company strongly preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in creating & presenting concise & compelling presentations in Powerpoint & Excel.
- Experience with Adaptive Planning, Netsuite and/or Tableau a plus.
- Basic knowledge in SQL is a plus.
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Upbeat Innovated Culture
- Professional training opportunities
- Flexible schedules
Hiring is contingent on a satisfactory background check as permitted by law. Any falsification of your application or any other hiring materials is grounds for rescinding an offer or termination of employment.
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.