Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of lifes most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLights technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing & closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, & satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, & the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You are a knowledgeable Residential Real Estate Paralegal professional who is adaptable, resourceful, & deadline driven. You love providing a smooth transaction experience to the buyer/seller & you know what it takes to provide exceptional customer service. You also think technology plays a valuable role to play in transforming real estate.
What Youll Do Here
- Assessing & preparing contracts, contract addendums, & closing documents.
- Perform due diligence including review of title commitments, surveys & underlying title documents & entity documents, coordinate & implement transactions & closings
- Facilitating communication between property owners, lenders realtors, clients, & lawyers.
- Prepare closing checklists, critical dates list, closing documents, various affidavits, certificates & resolutions & coordinate & control the closing process for various real estate transactions.
- Documenting processes, as well as maintaining hard copy files & electronic records.
- Answering client questions & escalating serious concerns.
- Keeping clients informed of progress made with real estate applications.
- Submitting accurate legal documents in a timely manner.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Function effectively & willingly as a team player.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Proficiency in drafting & reviewing real estate & title curative documents.
- Experience in reviewing title work & surveys.
- Strong organizational, time management, & oral & written communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize & meet deadlines without sacrificing quality of work product.
- Ability to work independently & collaboratively, depending on the situation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office or Google Suite