AccuWeather, recognized & documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts & warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries & tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; & offices in New York City & elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities & get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel & AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces & distributes news, weather content, & video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather's innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning & propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast Minute by Minute forecasts with Superior Accuracy , the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience & comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 & thousands of other businessines in the U.S. & globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the father of modern commercial meteorology. Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker & visionary, has been named the most accurate man in weather by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneurs Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
Reporting directly to a Vice President of Business Development, the Director of Business Development will be responsible for the global expansion of AccuWeathers brand, revenue & audience through business development & partnerships. The role must secure new large strategic relationships that expand the AccuWeather digital audience. These key partnership relationships will generate revenue to achieve/exceed business development sales goals. AccuWeather plans to continue its significant upward trajectory by innovating & growing into a global, multi-platform industry leader. Partnerships include relationships with technology companies, advertiser platforms, OEMs, media companies, auto, pharma, & other large brands both in the US & globally.
- Grow AccuWeathers digital audience in the U.S. & globally through strategic partnerships
- Identify, evaluate, execute and manage partnerships for the company across a variety of industries globally
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Product, Finance, Engineering) to ensure continued innovation & a strong feedback loop to support deal closing & account management
- Establish strong relationships within the industry externally to help implement a full range of business solutions which will be critical to their business success
- Contribute to a high-performing team and participate in a creative, progressive, forward-thinking processes that needs input for heightened operational efficiencies & successes
- Expand upon key relationships in place today with new products & services, with a focus on growing digital audience and/or direct revenue
The successful candidate will be an accomplished, innovative deal-maker who has negotiated, structured & managed large digital, brand or commercial partnerships. Must have an outstanding record of accomplishment within commercial organizations globally, preferably with a digital growth focus. The Director of Business Development will bring expertise from across a variety of industries, likely including but not limited to content, technology, media, and/or broader data company experience.
- Demonstrable track record of developing & closing strategic deals that have made major impacts that drive audience & have significant revenue contribution
- Proven track record of closing deals and overachieving sales quotas
- Communicates & collaborates effectively; can work well with cross-functional stakeholder groups
- Experience building relationships across areas such as media, technology, and data products; with existing high-level contacts in meaningful existing & new accounts
- Proven forward-thinker with an ability to identify progressive & innovative business trends & execute them successfully within an existing organization
- Proven experience in a data-driven, highly-analytic environment; understands the complexities of first party data & how to leverage it successfully
- Deep understanding of data & how to grow the value across various industry verticals
- Bachelors degree required, advanced degree preferable
- 5 years of directly applicable business experience
In the United States, AccuWeather is only able to hire team members in the following states due to taxation purposes: CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MN, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI & WY.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants & existing employees & we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy & gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law posterhereand its supplementhere. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail email@example.com let us know the nature of your request & your contact information.