As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is seeking highly energetic, passionate, technology enthusiasts for its Data Engineering & Analytics Reporting team within the Digital & Developer Platform Product Development group. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work with product specialists, technical team & Program Managers. Partner with Business stakeholders with the goal of creating a data lake, providing them with the ability to make decisions & gain insights through data. Build Data Ingestion, Analytics & Reporting solutions for Visa Digital & Mobile products to optimize the product from the business, technical & operational standpoint.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop/modify data pipeline using Big Data Technology stack: Sqoop, Oozie, Hive, MapReduce, Spark, Kafka
- Strong Hive query knowledge
- Build highly scalable, high performant & low latency pipeline using cutting-edge technologies
-Solve complex business problems using the analytics & reporting solutions
- Ability to make changes to the solutions & evolve based on changing business requirements
- Nice to have exposure to Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, BigQuery, MicroStrategy.
- Adapting fast to new application knowledge, technology & changes,Execute POCs for visionary initiatives
- Work as part of scrum team executing the product requirements by working with PMO, Architects, Product Owners, & other product vertical stakeholders
- Work independently & mentorjunior developers
- Review & challenge requirements & implementations designs
- Conduct peer reviews for implementation of new features
- Communicate status frequently in daily Scrum - Participate in cross-group & internal customer feature demos
- 3 to 7 years of experience in the field of data analysis & data science
- Expertise in the area of Big Data, Analytics, & Reporting
- Should be able to design & develop independently
- Ability & desire to learn new skills quickly & take on new initiatives
- Knowledge about Security standards
- Excellent understanding of development concepts & Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving & analytical skills
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Prior experience in the payment industry will be a plus
- BE or MS in Computer Science or related field