At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. Were improving the worlds economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count.
Were working to transform the OnDeck service to better meet the financial needs of small businesses. Our design team builds financial products & user experiences for small business owners as well as internal products to support our team. We utilize user-centered methods to help to collaboratively design solutions that improve our experience across the customer journey.
The Senior Manager of User Research & Design Strategy is a research leader, design strategist & design thinking advocate who will provide direction & mentorship to our design team & ensure the delivery of high-quality digital experiences for our customers.
As the Senior Managerof User Research & Design Strategy at OnDeck, you will:
- Work cross-functionally with product management, UX design, engineering & marketing teams to fuel ideation & drive new solutions that disrupt the financial industry.
- Lead strategic projects alongside product managers to gather customer insights & influence product direction.
- Lead & expand a the user research program at OnDeck.
- Be a trusted strategic partner that works closely with the product team to identify research topics & guides the design of quantitative & qualitative research studies. Bring the right generative & evaluative research tools & a strong understanding of strengths & shortcomings of different research methods (quantitative & qualitative), including when & how to apply them during each product phase.
- Plan & organize research initiatives.
- As needed, moderate user sessions on premise & off-premise, work with study participant recruiting service providers.
- Cultivate a deep understanding user needs, behaviors & motivations.
- Synthesize insights, communicate results, & illustrate suggestions in compelling & creative ways including oral, written & visual presentations. Build product models to communicate insights, like personas & experience maps.
- Maintain & develop new operational processes for recruiting participants & creating a customer panel.
- Proactively involve product managers, designers & engineers in the research process.
- Share best practices & new techniques with others in the organization & help to build a human-centered design culture in everything we do & contribute to our culture of continuous learning.
- (Most importantly!) Approach your work with a sense of genuine curiosity, collaboration, & good humor.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- At least 10 years' experience in user research
- Have experience managing a UX research team
- Proven knowledge & experience with a wide variety of qualitative & quantitative user research activities, like ethnographic field studies, persona development, experience mapping, concept validation, usability testing, eye-tracking & card sorting
- Feel comfortable working with data analytics & AB/multivariate testing, as well as collaborating with data analysts
- Strong background in design thinking
- Proven track record working well in cross-functional teams, including product managers, engineers & designers
- Strong project management skills
- Experience analyzing logs of user behavior, & applying meaningful statistics to the results
- Can synthesize & communicate insights from multiple sources & communicate research findings in a compelling & persuasive way
- Experience designing participant recruiting processes
- Excellent communication, problem solving & collaboration skills
- A passion for OnDecks mission of serving small businesses
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- A masters degree or equivalent professional experience in human-computer interaction, software design, cognitive psychology or another social science field
- Demonstrated experience creating new test methods/setups to address the needs of unusual/challenging tests
- Financial industry expertise
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. & a leading online lender in Canada serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by approximately 100,000 small businesses by providing them with financing to help them build growing & thriving enterprises. Since 2007, weve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, were reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble & strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each & every team member plays an important role in our companys success. Thats why we strive to provide you & your family with a competitive & comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options & opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYCs 100 Best Places to Work, 2019
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Crains New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crains New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, 2019
- Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2019
- FinTech Breakthrough Award Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance & Insurance, 2016
- Fortune.com & Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! Peoples Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Forbes Americas Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
- Lending Trees Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- US News & World Report, Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018 Best for Term Loans
- Washington Post Top Places to Work, 2019
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive & diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDecks employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**