Braintree builds products that make payments easierso easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride shareor the condo you rented this weekendwithout presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences & then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk & underwriting, account management & technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team & youll get tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, & much more!
Check us out - Braintree on LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Facebook | Twitter
Client Onboarding Specialist
We look at the Onboarding Operations team as the experts of Braintrees gateway. The Onboarding Ops team makes sure that all of our merchants get up & running as smoothly as possible. When a merchant applies to work with Braintree, our Onboarding team works directly with our Underwriting Team & Braintrees partner banks to acquire a merchant account & configure it within Braintrees systems. Onboarding specialists love getting the details right & providing white glove service to internal teams that make lives easier.
Day in the Life:
- Getting Started: For the first two months, you will be training & working side-by-side with other Supportreeps to learn the ins-and-outs of Braintree.
- The Beauty is in the Details: Onboarding teammates collaborate directly with Accounts, Support, & Underwriting teams in order to accurately input & edit information in multiple systems.
- Collaborating via Slack, our internal chat tool: We use our Support Slack channel to crowdsource answers to tough questions that come along with our setups & to serve as an onboarding knowledge hub for other teams.
- Extras: Once a Supportreep is comfortable in the day-to-day, there are a number of opportunities to contribute to the team & their own development in other ways. This can include facilitating training, shadowing other teams, quality assurance, & updating our internal resources.
Beyond the day-to-day:
- Asking Why every day to see how we can help improve the Braintree experience by being product stakeholders & by providing feedback often.
- Caring a Lot about the merchant experience by diligently setting up & updating detailed account configurations.
- Solving Together by collaborating daily with peers & other teams in the Braintree ecosystem to ensure proper merchant account setups.
- Be someone who believes in Braintrees Values of Ask Why, Care, A Lot, and Solve Together.
- Must be a self-starter, self-learner, & have unparalleled resourcefulness.
- Should feel brave leaping into the unknown & always be able to ask why.
- Be comfortable with consistent change - agility is key!
- Be someone who loves swimming in solutions versus problems -- you should be someone who spends less time worrying about the problem & more time focusing on how to solve it.
- Love & understanding of technology, whether it be hardware, software, or other emerging technologies.
- Experience working with data (recent grads welcome!)
- Bachelors degree preferred
- A do-er someone who is obsessed with details & getting things right
- An organizational phenom you enjoy having everything in its place
- A collaborator someone who has previous experience working with various departments & individuals
- Must be able to absorb complex procedures quickly
- Excel-savvy, Mac-proficient & technically adaptable
- A comfort with repetitive tasks & an eye for detail in a high-volume environment
We know the confidence gap & imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. You can also check out our FAQ!